Thread: One Lions fan's tribute *cough* to Matt Millen

One Lions fan's tribute *cough* to Matt Millen

We are currently conducting an "All-Time Worst Draft" as a way to amuse ourselves before the season gets going.

Mr. Millen gets my vote for Worst GM.

Here, I state my case.

Okay. I know we don't have a 'worst general manager' category. And I know that if we did, this man would have come off the board very, very early.

We all know about his propensity for selecting WRs high in the first round even when his team desperately needed to improve at so many (read ALL) other positions.

We all know that he is responsible for giving head coaching jobs to two of the guys selected in this most prestigious Draft of Suck.

But let's dig a little deeper into just how this man managed to completely decimate the roster of my favorite football team.

Something I posted in another thread awhile back - these are the 2nd & 3rd round picks made by this assclown.

2002 - 2nd Round, Kalimba Edwards, DE (OOL) - 3rd Round, Andre Goodman, CB (only 8 games played with 17 total tackles, 0 INT in 2010)
    2003 - 2nd Round, Boss Bailey, LB (OOL) - 3rd Round, Cory Redding, DE (3 sacks 2010)
    2004 - 2nd Round, Kevin Jones, RB (OOL) - 3rd Round, Teddy Lehman, LB (OOL)
    2005 - 2nd Round, Shaun Cody, DT (16 starts with 21 tackles in 2010) - 3rd Round, Stanley Wilson, CB (OOL)
    2006 - 2nd Round, Daniel Bullocks, S (OOL) - 3rd Round, Brian Calhoun, RB (OOL)
    2007 - 2nd Round, Drew Stanton, QB (did the friggin Dougie) - 2nd Round, Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE (0 starts, 8 total tackles 2010) - Gerald Alexander, S, (3 starts, 10 tackles, 2010)
    2008 - 2nd Round, Jordon Dizon, LB (hasn't played a down since 2009) - 3rd Round, Kevin Smith, RB (0 starts, 256 yards from scrimmage 2010), 3rd Round, Andre Fluellen, DT (0 starts, 8 tackles, 1 sack 2010) - 3rd Round Cliff Avril, DE (8.5 sacks 2010)

17 total picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. 0 offensive linemen selected. Only 5 of these guys are still with the team (Avril is the only solid contributor, Stanton is QB3).
    Do you wonder what 'OOL' means? OUT OF the LEAGUE!! That's right, boys & girls 7 of 17 selections made in the 2nd & 3rd rounds turned into guys who could not cut it in the NFL. When Jordon Dizon washes out, that number will move to 8. When Fluellen & Alama-Francis wash out, the number will be 10.

Don't even get me started on his picks in rounds 4-7.

Yes, FP, I am speaking of the Crowned Prince of Pathetic, the Heavyweight Champion of Chumps, the Lead Conductor of The Symphony of Stink...

I hereby present to you the only man capable of assembling a team that was so bad they could not even stumble into one freaking win in 2008 - the man who's visage shall be etched into all four facades of the Mount Rushmore of Suck.

Matt Millen, GM, Detroit Lions

And no, I'm not bitter.

Really.
    If you are a Lions fan and you are reading this, it's time to jump on Uncle Biggie's Detroit Lions Bandwagon.

Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 07-28-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: SUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Millen certainly was a god awful gm, and he might possibly be the worst ever. Having a winless year certainly speaks volumes to his ineptitude. However cases can also be made for al Davis and mike brown to occupy the top spot as well.

Blog Entries
    Millen was as bad a gm as Lou Holtz was a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Millen certainly was a god awful gm, and he might possibly be the worst ever. Having a winless year certainly speaks volumes to his ineptitude. However cases can also be made for al Davis and mike brown to occupy the top spot as well.
    If we are speaking about the last decade or so, I'd accept this. But the Raiders have been to the SB five times winning three under Zombie Al and the Bungles made it to two under Mikey Boy.

Millen not only had zero success, but the Lions are still digging out from the wreckage of his tenure.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.