Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we Idiots? Yes, I think we are Idiots. Brad Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Is this what it feels like to be a Bengals, Cardinals, or recent Redskins fan?
    Scott. We already know what it's like. The day Levy was named GM, I knew the ship had sailed.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Pruitt and Scott. This signing doesn't help the Bills all that much, and it doesn't hurt the Jets at all, at least insofar as the Bills are concerned. (It maybe marginally helps the Patriots, but I don't think it's Buffalo's job to help New England keep winning the division.) Buffalo needs to get tougher up the middle and in their front seven more than anything else right now.
    @kocsan

An update on Brad Smith's role. Apparently Chan Gailey is planning to use his highest paid QB the way he did Kordell Stewart a decade ago. Which means Wildcat, these days. Good thing they want to use their third or fourth best QB from time to time, to keep opposing defenses honest. It appears as though he has missed one significant thing about the Wildcat offense. It really only works against bad defenses. So yes, Buffalo has had trouble with it. It doesn't mean we need to use it. Because we have the only bad defense in the AFC East. Idiots.

One of the Bills fan sites was breathlessly reporting that Gailey may be able to turn Smith into another Kordell Stewart.

THIS is what we are supposed to be excited about?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

LOfa Tatupu is being released by Seattle. I have no idea whether he has anything left in the tank, but if we sign him, it will probably be to back up Corey McIntyre.

Only the first pre-season game, but Smith outrushed Spiller and outpassed Thigpen!

Great idea - if we had included Spiller in the trade with Baltimore, only getting a fourth rounder would have been fair.

I can't lay it on Thigpen. He was playing behind the second string OT's, and that means get it out on third step or start running backwards.