Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The lasting legacy of Manning's Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Which makes Brady?
    A dude with absolutely zero need to prostitute himself?
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Brady does very little marketing. I do not know the financial arrangement he may have made with Giselle.
    He's done his fair share,agree not as much as Manning though.Its true on any given Sunday during the season in the Indy market theres always at least one or two Manning spots.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

He's done his fair share,agree not as much as Manning though.Its true on any given Sunday during the season in the Indy market theres always at least one or two Manning spots.
    If by fair share you mean, practically negligible, hey, I'm on board with that.

Other than that MC commercial years ago with his whole O-line, I can't remember a single commercial. (That print ad with the goat doesn't count. Good gawd, what was that?) He also does annual charity races, etc. but I don't count that, even though he gets visibility.

I think you're just jealous that my prostitute is prettier than yours.
    These are my principles and if you don't like them ... well ... I have others. ~ Groucho

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post

I think you're just jealous that my prostitute is prettier than yours.

Indeed!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Indeed!

Yeah, the headband nailed it! Good gawd!
    These are my principles and if you don't like them ... well ... I have others. ~ Groucho

This is actually my favorite skit Brady has done to date,and for the record I like Brady,especially if he plays JET killer this year.....
    -Hugh Leonard

In fairness to Peyton he really hasn't said much during this whole thing. It's been Irsay and a few jock-sniffing reporters portraying Manning as a martyr for accepting "only" $23 million per year.

Peyton has actually been cool about the process. I like the guy except for his endorsement of Oreos (I will explain in OG).

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post

I like the guy except for his endorsement of Oreos (I will explain in OG).
    No argument haha.
    -Hugh Leonard

I love Peyton too, and all his endorsements. Dude is funny!

Yeah, he plays QB OK, too.

To get back to the issue raised by this thread's title...

Manning's legacy is to cement a Colt myth and tradition in Indianapolis. A team that fled Baltimore in shame, a team that was no sure thing in Indianapolis, is now routinely viewed as a model operation with great fan support.

And it's all thanks to Peyton Manning (with a little help from his buddy Bill Polian.)

Peyton Manning is the Johnny Unitas of Indianapolis. And they can never take that away from him.