Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bears free agent signings

Bears free agent signings

The Bears have signed Roy Williams, Amobi Okoye and Vernon Gholston. On a related note, the Chicago chapter of underachievers anonymous has announced that they will be moving to a larger meeting room.

Blog Entries
    Add Marion Barber to that list and subtract Olin Kreuz, who they just announced is gone. Barber's yards per just dropped and he hasn't had a carry. I figured the Bears would add to the o line.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, they did acquire Chris Spencer, who is a solid center at least.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Did we have cap problems I was unaware of?
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Blog Entries
    I'll take Embarrassing Top Ten Picks for $800, Alex.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Considering the fact that we only had 50ish guys on our roster when the lockout ended, I sure hope not.

Maybe they should have drafted Stefen Wisniewski in the first round...I'm just sayin'.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Maybe they should have drafted Stefen Wisniewski in the first round...I'm just sayin'.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    Sounds an awful lot like the Bears have GM problems. For reference, see Buddy Nix.

Blog Entries
    We could have signed Kruetz and Spencer. Olin is an honest guy. He would have told you himself that he was losing leverage last year, but at least he is a guy who knows what he is doing, someone people can learn from. He should have finished his career as a life-long Bear. Period. He was the type of guy to have surgery on his elbow on a Tuesday and gladly play on Sunday (actually happened). He never jogged behind running plays. He was never good for at least one false start a game at the worst possible time. He never had a scouting report that said he had two back surgeries in college. He never was Edwin Williams.

I find the moves so far a scary thing for the season. I believe that Martz has the real power in the locker room now. I have always said that I could see this coming once Martz signed. Lovie is not a forceful individual. Martz is. The fact that we are "building" from the outside in and not the inside out and have not addressed the true need of a tackle and another corner tells me that Martz is collecting pieces to look at so it is easier when he has to re-build this team next year.

I saw that headline about Angelo being unhappy about what people are saying about a possible rift in the locker room. A player said that there is and the word out on the street is that it was over a whole 1/2 million in salary. So, guess what, Jerry? We're pissed off that you would say that getting rid of a 14 year veteran over a cab fare may not create that very thing. You have had plenty of time to set up this team for the future much like the Pats, Pack and other perennial top teams. The crazy prices I pay for my nose bleeds tells me that Chicago is a town that has tons of resources and should be a more desirable landing spot for free agents, but we never have been. Now that is not your fault, a big piece of that is the Parks Department BS that left us with a bastardized Space Ship of a beautiful Solider Field that is now the smallest stadium in the league (or close to it). Part of is the McCaskey craziness that makes Papa Bear pissed off in the ground. If you walk by his grave slow enough, you can hear him swearing in German at McMikey. Either way, you had a chance to draft an offensive lineman above the third round without back problems for about 6 years. You did not do it. Stop throwing darts at the board with the wrong hand. Get some real talent to cultivate. What do you plan to do with Harvey Unga? You gave up a draft pick to get him, remember? Back to Olin. You did this before with the great Two-Yard Ced while pissing off a guy who was key to leading us to the Super Bowl (Jones).

Also, I get that this is a fast off-season, but we signed our own mediocre guys too early (Nick Roach) and are missing out on guys like Lofa Tatupu. We overpaid for an aging running back last year (A signing I actually liked, but I did not realize he died on the United flight into O' Hare). We overpaid for a blocking tight end. So, on the first few days, we missed out on Harvey Dahl, somehow could not do better than two years for Bushrod and we got: an aging running back who is worse than the guy we just released and wasted 7 million on, a blocking tight end to replace the one we gave 6 million to and traded first round pick for a slot roughly 40 spots lower than where we got him. Oh, and we signed one of the top five least like-able "Guys from other teams that always seemed like a ---- when we played against him." Can we sign Rae Carruth's prison number next? Okay, that was a little harsh, but at least when Jay Cutler is dead by week three and we are playing Jake "Collins 2.0" Delhomme by then, I will be able to drink heavily in my Bears man room. I expect a 435830% rise in the amount of my comments to be politely removed by the administrator during our Sunday chats.

Also, our first five games reads: Atlanta, @New Orleans, Packers, Panthers, @Lions. That is an easy 0-3 and 1-4.

Okay, I'm angry and I'll back off for now, but if we are 0-3 or 1-4, the gloves come off. My wife and I just bought a house. My budget is not happy with the idea of a Bears season where I need an IV of scotch to get through it. I'm warning you Martz, Lovie and Jerry. I am really good at research. My rips will be some of the worst and best rips the world will ever hear.

Rant done again.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast