Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing------NBC Sports Network!

NFL Turning Point is okay. But you can see where NFL Films has been gutted the league. These productions are B-rate compared to the Facenda days.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    NFL Turning Point is okay. But you can see where NFL Films has been gutted the league. These productions are B-rate compared to the Facenda days.
    It is a Good Show. On this separate note, you see how a clip of a mic'd up player can be seen numerous time via "Sound FX" on NFL Network, ESPN may have something too & the original gangsta, "Inside The NFL" shows it too. Marketing Galore!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

It will take time and money. While the transition lasts, what we're seeing is a revamped schedule with painfully low-budget shows and holdover Versus programming, a lot of which is holdover Outdoor Life Network programming. It's a mess. And Mike Florio? Gag me.

Smartest thing this network could do would be to secure the TNF package.

Michelle Beadle, the sassy darling of ESPN's hit show SportsNation, has reportedly signed with NBC.

I would make a guess -- pure speculation -- that NBC is planning to build a personality-oriented show around Beadle for the NBC Sports channel. I wonder how closely they'll mimic SportsNation, if at all?

Blog Entries
    Cool; I like Michelle Beadle. I thought that in order to get things rollin', they should sign someone from outside the company who knows their craft & is familiar with viewers, like Rich Eisen to NFLN. Good Get for NBCN. She should be a contribution when NBC Sports has their NFL Pre Game Show starting in 2014.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Blog Entries
    NBC is going to have to watch it with Beadle. I think some of her popularity on SN is because Cowherd knows how to get people to successfully produce a tv show. I think Cowherd is very knowledgeable on what works on TV and is stubborn about things, including selection of producers. SN is what happens when they gave Cowherd rope, not Beadle.

I liked Beadle from SN also and then started listening to her podcasts, on which she has free reign. I don't anymore.

If Beadle is given too much rope at NBC, I am not sure she will come up with winners. We will see.
    Last edited by darvon; 05-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.

That's an odd comment, Darvon. Cowherd is a radio guy, not a TV guy. The format of the show basically follows the blueprint they laid out when it was launched, so I'm not sure how much influence he had.

The biggest reason for the show's success is Beadle. Her chemistry with Cowherd was vital. He's a stiff, a blowhard, he takes himself seriously and he's not comfortable laughing at himself. She's the engaging, human, funny element that makes the show work. Her ability to extract humor from Cowherd's unfunny, self-important persona was a key to the show. That's why she'll soon be making a lot more money then he does.

I agree with you that her success or failure will depend considerably upon how she's used. But she'll get large sampling because of the affinity viewers have developed for her. Whatever they promised her, her personality has to be given room to shine.

I read that she's just moving to NBC so she can get a promotion to Access Hollywood. Sellout?
    Last edited by Docta; 05-12-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

From TheBigLead.com

Word is Beadle is making $300,000/year at ESPN and that her NBC gig could bump her earnings to $750,000 or more. No point waiting to sell something people want. Good for Michelle. I like her (she even managed to make that windbag Cowherd somewhat likeable).