Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Radio Rants

Epic Radio Rants

I know there a few MSU Spartans fans here. This one is for you.

I give you Mike Valenti, Detroit sports radio host of the Valenti & Foster program on 97.1 the Ticket. Mike is a guy from upstate New York who, for some inexplicable reason, went to school at The Michigan College of Agriculture (now MSU). This is Mikey boy losing his **** on the air after the Spartys gagged away a game in 2006.

Enjoy.

Another rant after a weekend of epitragicomic football in the state of Michigan.

Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 08-08-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

"I don't know what persuasion you are, but your team sucks!"

This guy is great. If Sam Kinison was a passionate and knowledgable football fan lives!

"It's like watching 400 pound people eat cake. You almost feel sorry for them until you realize, no that's just what they do and they're going to DIE!"
    Last edited by Pruitt; 08-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    "I don't know what persuasion you are, but your team sucks!"

This guy is great. If Sam Kinison was a passionate and knowledgable football fan lives!

"It's like watching 400 pound people eat cake. You almost feel sorry for them until you realize, no that's just what they do and they're going to DIE!"
    Best part? Mike is in his early 30s. He's got 20+ more years to work on his craft. You should hear him rail on Detroit's political situation. It's all on point and downright hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Best part? Mike is in his early 30s. He's got 20+ more years to work on his craft. You should hear him rail on Detroit's political situation. It's all on point and downright hilarious.
    Detroit's political system isn't all that bad. Your city has produced a young leader whose time in office was so successful that he is now traveling the country speaking to the future leaders of the country. http://www.freep.com/article/2011080...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Detroit's political system isn't all that bad. Your city has produced a young leader whose time in office was so successful that he is now traveling the country speaking to the future leaders of the country. http://www.freep.com/article/2011080...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs
    The ghost of Tamara Green approves of your sarcasm. I mean, what other major metropolitan mayor wouldn't simply have his stripper side piece whacked just to avoid being outed by his wife as a philanderer? Sheer brilliance!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    The ghost of Tamara Green approves of your sarcasm. I mean, what other major metropolitan mayor wouldn't simply have his stripper side piece whacked just to avoid being outed by his wife as a philanderer? Sheer brilliance!
    By the way - Kirkpatrick's first speaking gig was at Philander Smith College.

No, I am not making that up.

When I saw this thread, my first thought was that Mike Valenti rant from the MSU-Notre dame game. So, thanks for beating me to the punch GoBig. "You let 'em get into halftime so fat boy could eat his pudding" is my personal favorite line. (Note for those who aren't sure: Charlie Weis was the head coach of ND at the time, or as we called him at MSU, Jabba the Weis).

That MSU-Notre Dame game was my freshman year of college. I was at that game, in the student section, about ten rows up near the endzone. That game ranks among the legendary chokes of all time. Other than the Iowa game from 2 years ago (when we lost on the last play after giving it all against a much better team), I don't know that I've ever seen a crowd so stunned on what happened and how we lost that game (we should have known better)

The first one was the MSU/ND 2006 game. for whatever reason, you have go to YouTube to watch it. Let's try again.

"Michigan State handed that game away like a three-button coat at the Salvation Army."

Classic.

Part two:

Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 08-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

I was at a wedding with a girlfriend who was a State grad. The newlyweds and most of their friends were Spartys as well. We were at the Royal Palace Hotel in Rochester, MI. Classy joint that it is, a big screen TV was provided so they could watch the fourth quarter - with sound, mind you (I must find a woman who will watch a football game, with sound, during dinner, at her own wedding).

Needless to say, the mood was pretty dire for the first hour or so of the reception.

Enjoy your time at the top. Big Blue is coming for ya.

By the way - Kirkpatrick's first speaking gig was at Philander Smith College.

No, I am not making that up.
    Now that, ladies & germs, is some freaking irony.

I wish The Onion would put Detroit on blast.
    Last edited by GoBigOrGoHome; 08-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.