Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Growth Hormone in Sports

1. There are many off label uses that are legal in the United States for HGH in the hands of a qwualified doctor. for instance, it is used in some very low calorie diets by weight loss and ,etabolic experts.

The benefits of HGH to the athlete are more perceived than real with one exception, recovery and especially recovery from a soft tissue injury

Yes, it is true, that originally HGH , was made from ground up cadaver brain tissue but....that was before we knew about the risk of slow acting viruses like HIV/AIDS and Mad Cow Disease

Any black market drug or medication not manufactured according to usual standard procedure (usp0 and not vetted by the FDA is risky
    All the best
    Dr Pomeranz

Blog Entries
    "There are many off label uses that are legal in the United States for HGH in the hands of a qwualified doctor. for instance, it is used in some very low calorie diets by weight loss and ,etabolic experts."

That's contradictory to what I have been hearing. Such as the following:

===================
    "The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits knowingly distributing or possessing with intent to distribute human growth hormone for any use in humans other than the treatment of a disease or other recognized medical condition that has been authorized by the Secretary of Health and Human Services pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 355. 21 U.S.C. § 333(c). The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved human growth hormone only for the following uses: short stature in children with growth hormone deficiency, ideopathic short stature in children, short stature in children with Turner or Prader-Willi syndrome, short stature in children with chronic renal insufficiency, adults with biochemically documented growth hormone deficiency (GHD) diagnosed either in adulthood or childhood, adults with wasting disease associated with AIDS, and adults with short bowel syndrome." http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/of...s-illegal/718/

Blog Entries
    "The benefits of HGH to the athlete are more perceived than real with one exception, recovery and especially recovery from a soft tissue injury"

Thank you for posting, Dr. Citation please?

This was a good read when Dr. P posted it last summer. Seeing as though blood testing for HGH is part of the new CBA, I thought this should be revived.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    This was a good read when Dr. P posted it last summer. Seeing as though blood testing for HGH is part of the new CBA, I thought this should be revived.
    Well, between this and the players caving on allowing GODdell to retain all his ridiculous, inconsistently-applied power, I cannot say I am any more sympathetic to players than I was in March. What a bunch of dingleberries! They get what they deserve now.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Well, between this and the players caving on allowing GODdell to retain all his ridiculous, inconsistently-applied power, I cannot say I am any more sympathetic to players than I was in March. What a bunch of dingleberries! They get what they deserve now.
    Why?

Why?
    Because early on the players had all these demands about safety, autonomy, etc. and they just sold out to the $$$. I have no problem with that, I just wish they'd have been upfront about it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, except Vegas (and we're certainly not about to have a legitimate discussion about that here) gives a rat's patootie about safety or integrity of the game except with regard to the bottom dollar. Protect the NFL shield at all costs. Never mind that every single Sunday we tune into games we hope resemble those played in the Roman Coliseum of old.

Because early on the players had all these demands about safety, autonomy, etc. and they just sold out to the $$$. I have no problem with that, I just wish they'd have been upfront about it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, except Vegas (and we're certainly not about to have a legitimate discussion about that here) gives a rat's patootie about safety or integrity of the game except with regard to the bottom dollar. Protect the NFL shield at all costs. Never mind that every single Sunday we tune into games we hope resemble those played in the Roman Coliseum of old.
    And HGH and testing for it factors into that how?

And HGH and testing for it factors into that how?
    From what I recall, the players were adamant about not submitting to that invasion. Voila! Less than a week and it's all bygones.

My bottom line is that all this crap, the extended negotiations, yada, yada, was always, only, ever about $$$ and could have been dealt with by middle of March. The players want to dope themselves into oblivion and play themselves into early death and destruction, what do I care? At this point, all sides are in the know, and in on the scam. Brauneyz's not falling for that crap anymore, nor spending any $ there.

Back to my man cave ...

From what I recall, the players were adamant about not submitting to that invasion. Voila! Less than a week and it's all bygones.

My bottom line is that all this crap, the extended negotiations, yada, yada, was always, only, ever about $$$ and could have been dealt with by middle of March. The players want to dope themselves into oblivion and play themselves into early death and destruction, what do I care? At this point, all sides are in the know, and in on the scam. Brauneyz's not falling for that crap anymore, nor spending any $ there.

Back to my man cave ...
    So why direct yor ire at one side? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I honestly do not understand. From what you have said, both the players and owners are greedy bastards. Why choose sides?