Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiver Depth

Receiver Depth

It seems like there will be a logjam at receivers this year for the Colts. What should the depth chart be according to Indy fans? Is anyone rumored to be traded?

wayne/Garcon....gonzo/collie in the slot are the 4 main guys.highly doubt any would be traded without some sort of godfather offer,Garcon and collie work cheap by NFL standards.Sisco smith and white ,I think one or two will stick,the other to the practice squad.Collie worked for 757 thou and Garcon only 390 thou!
    Last edited by Colts01; 07-29-2010 at 03:03 AM.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

yea I'd go to battle with Wayne, Collie/Gonzo, Clark, and Garcon any day of the week. altho it seems like Reggie could be slowing down.
    [B][I]"You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try."- Homer Simpson[/I][/B]

1.Wayne
    2.Garcon
    3.Gonzalez
    4.Collie
    5.1 random guy we haven't heard of yet who Peyton will make look good.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan View Post
    altho it seems like Reggie could be slowing down.
    Slowing down? Last year he had his third highest yardage total (1264yds) for his career, caught 100 passes (2nd highest, career) and had 10TDs (T-2nd highest). He is still playing at an extremely high level. Don't give up on Reggie yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Reggie and he had a great year last year but he turns 32 during the year- I hope you are right but I just have a feeling he might slip some this year- the Colts tho have plenty of weapons if he does tho
    [B][I]"You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try."- Homer Simpson[/I][/B]

Blog Entries
    I'm a starter & back-up player kinda guy; I have to say that Wayne will start & then Pierre Garcon will back-up but they both could be & I think will be in. That system works for the type of offense the Colts have especially with rivals like the Pats & surging Texans!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

I think Garcon should line up at flanker with Gonzo backing him up and being 4th, with Collie in the slot and backing up Reggie. I don't know how it will pan out though, but it seems to me that regardless of the depth chart the Colts are maybe the deepest team at receiver in the entire league.

I don't know where I'd put them, but I believe the Colts have the depth chart as follows right now:
    1)Wayne
    2)Garcon
    3)Collie
    4)Gonzo

Gonzo starts the season at #4, but I think he'll play himself higher on the depth chart. I'm interested to see how Chris Polian's proclaimed "favorite player in camp" Blair White might fit in. We also have some good receiving tight ends. Fun Fact! Last Friday, the Colts were running a wildcat formation with their 2nd string O consisting of a split back formation w/ 3 TE (one lined up as a receiver), and the QB also lined up as a receiver. WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    I don't know where I'd put them, but I believe the Colts have the depth chart as follows right now:
    1)Wayne
    2)Garcon
    3)Collie
    4)Gonzo

Gonzo starts the season at #4, but I think he'll play himself higher on the depth chart. I'm interested to see how Chris Polian's proclaimed "favorite player in camp" Blair White might fit in. We also have some good receiving tight ends. Fun Fact! Last Friday, the Colts were running a wildcat formation with their 2nd string O consisting of a split back formation w/ 3 TE (one lined up as a receiver), and the QB also lined up as a receiver. WTF?!
    Cant begin to imagine the colts runnin from a wildcat formation,maybe once in a big game,maybe we learned from the super bowl!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard