Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking up the NFL (forum)

There shouldn't be individual team threads in the NFL forum. There's no point in team forums if people make those.

Also, I actually liked when the divisions had their separate forums. Yeah it took up a lot of space, but the forum gets more organized.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

On the flip side, I'd almost like to see the team forums merged into the division forums. As a general rule I *know* what my team is doing, I want to see the inside scoop on other teams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    I've never been at the inception of a new forum, but I know how unwieldy a successful one can get, especially if posters don't use the 'search' fx and just start posts willy nilly. Just recently we had 4+ threads each on Phil joining us and Dez Bryant's pad brouhaha. If this site really takes off during the season, it'll be a maze.

I agree that once the games start, the team pages will generate a lot more traffic, and the site will begin to police itself. I hope. If not, well ... Andy needs to ask for a raise cuz all hell's gonna break loose.
    Very true. How do you guide the posters to use the most appropriate forum? I guess it's all about the site design. Needs to be intuitive for those of us that don't read the entire screen. I'm kind of a Daunte Culpepper type, I'm only reading half the screen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    On the flip side, I'd almost like to see the team forums merged into the division forums. As a general rule I *know* what my team is doing, I want to see the inside scoop on other teams.
    Great idea!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    I also think that a breakdown of the NFL forum is needed. How many sub forums I'm not sure, but my guess is that, the more you can break it down, the easier
    it will be to locate and identify discussions. I also think an indicator stating that a new thread is up in a particular forum would be good. Andy, how about making a forum for all of the off season articles, discussions, predictions etc. It would clean up some of the volume, and it would make for good grilling or patting on the back when people go back and read what was said during the off season and comparing it to what is going on during the season. Just a thought !
    Also, QB's are always a hot topic, should we have a separate forum for QB's ?

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    The team forums are already sub-forums of the division forums. Do you mean doing away with the team forums? I'm not liking that idea.

I don't think I thought that idea through before I posted. Must need more beer.

brb

Blog Entries
    Yep, it's there, I see it. Never mind.

I think that that a breakdown might be needed, but waiting fo the season to get going might be better just to see how everything is going to work. My favorite way around the site is the home page fist, followed by the "New Posts" search. Using that I'm able to keep up on at least the current discussions.
    [I]There's always next year[/I]