View Poll Results: Who Will Win This Game?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cincinnati Bengals

0 0%
  • New York Jets

1 100.00%

Thread: Preseason Week 2 - Jets 27 - Bengals 7

Blog Entries

Preseason Week 2 - Jets 27 - Bengals 7

Burress' TD grab ignites Jets' win over Bengals
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Plaxico Burress caught three passes, including a terrific over-the-shoulder 26-yarder for a touchdown, in his first game in nearly three years to help the New York Jets beat the Cincinnati Bengals 27-7 in Sunday night's preseason meeting.

Burress, signed last month after serving 20 months in prison on a gun charge, made his Jets debut memorable. He caught a 20-yard pass from Mark Sanchez on the team's first offensive play and had another 20-yarder later, but the highlight came on New York's last play of the first half.

Burress took off down the left sideline, separated from defensive back Fred Bennett and hauled in a pass from Sanchez. Burress fell into the end zone, maintained possession to put New York up 17-7 and bowed to the rain-drenched crowd.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
    Last edited by DannyMilk; 08-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    2010 Chicago Bears: NFC North Champions

starting Bengals D played very well. Gave up 10 points, but both Jets drives started inside the Bengals 20.

Bengals O improved in some areas, regressed in others IMO. Both Dalton and the WR corp struggled to adjust to the rain. I counted at least 5 drops, and Dalton let a few sail high, likely from a wet ball.

Bengals D looked solid. Then again, they were facing Mark Sanchez rather than an NFL quarterback

Dalton is going to take his lumps this year. I think he's got what it takes but it won't be pretty in 2011. The Bengals are smart to go ahead and play him right off the bat - they need to find out if he's the guy before next years QB-a-palooza draft.

Blog Entries
    I disagree on starting him off the bat. I don't want him getting knocked around as a rookie, then winding up like David Carr. I'd rather sit him this year, and let him learn. Yeah, if we wind up picking first, you could say it would be nice to know what Dalton has, but IMO, playing as a rookie isn't going to be enough to know anyway, and I'd draft Luck regardless. Rookie QBs just shouldn't start.
    Twitter @vancemeek "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."-Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vancemeek View Post
    I disagree on starting him off the bat. I don't want him getting knocked around as a rookie, then winding up like David Carr. I'd rather sit him this year, and let him learn. Yeah, if we wind up picking first, you could say it would be nice to know what Dalton has, but IMO, playing as a rookie isn't going to be enough to know anyway, and I'd draft Luck regardless. Rookie QBs just shouldn't start.
    I'd agree with you if they had a better option.

Dalton is the best QB on the team though. Might as well play him.

He won't see a defense near as tough as he did tonight until Week 9 of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Bengals D looked solid. Then again, they were facing Mark Sanchez rather than an NFL quarterback

Dalton is going to take his lumps this year. I think he's got what it takes but it won't be pretty in 2011. The Bengals are smart to go ahead and play him right off the bat - they need to find out if he's the guy before next years QB-a-palooza draft.

yea they really played nicely all around.

The Jets had 3 touchdowns. Every single touchdown of theirs started inside of the Bengals 15 yd line. Bengals D shut them down for the most part otherwise.

Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson didn't look lost like they did during the Lions game. And Maualuga continues to shine in his natural position in the middle.

I think Bengals fans will really like Manny Lawson. He is a solid SOLB - he plugs against the run and he's great in coverage. He shut down some of the best TEs in the league over the last 4 years.

His problem in SF was that everyone expected him to be a pass rush OLB and that isn't his strength. I don't know why the front office in SF couldn't accept that fact. No one expected Takeo Spikes to get 10 sacks a year but he was appreciated for what he did. No one expects Patrick Willis to rack up sacks but he's appreciated. For some reason the inbred twits in the 49ers front office expected Manny to put up 10 sacks a year and no matter how well Manny played he was considered a "disappointment".

As long as Bengals fans don't expect Lawson to be Lawrence Taylor they'll like him. Lawson is a solid blue collar LB who brings his lunch pail to the yard every Sunday. I hope Cincinnati appreciates him more than the morons in San Francisco did.

(if I sound bitter and angry it's because I am. Lawson got a raw deal in SF)

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I think Bengals fans will really like Manny Lawson. He is a solid SOLB - he plugs against the run and he's great in coverage. He shut down some of the best TEs in the league over the last 4 years.

His problem in SF was that everyone expected him to be a pass rush OLB and that isn't his strength. I don't know why the front office in SF couldn't accept that fact. No one expected Takeo Spikes to get 10 sacks a year but he was appreciated for what he did. No one expects Patrick Willis to rack up sacks but he's appreciated. For some reason the inbred twits in the 49ers front office expected Manny to put up 10 sacks a year and no matter how well Manny played he was considered a "disappointment".

As long as Bengals fans don't expect Lawson to be Lawrence Taylor they'll like him. Lawson is a solid blue collar LB who brings his lunch pail to the yard every Sunday. I hope Cincinnati appreciates him more than the morons in San Francisco did.

(if I sound bitter and angry it's because I am. Lawson got a raw deal in SF)

Bengals just want a LB who isn't lost in coverage, can play the run, and give a little pass rush. Mainly the coverage part though against TE's and RB's.

Interestingly enough, Lawson played DE in the 2nd half against the Lions last week, but I think that was in part due to lack of bodies due to injury.