Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Year 2: FootballPro.com League II [Auction/Standard]

Year 2: FootballPro.com League II [Auction/Standard]

This will be the Official Thread for the 2nd Year of FP.com Leagues...League II

Commissioner for League is Docta

Participants as of right now are:
    1. Amy
    2. Docta
    3. cml
    4. GiantsFaninToronto
    5. IndyColtsFan
    6. KncDad
    7. mk0c6
    8. msclemons
    9. ReaderM
    10. trh5001

First order of business is to set up a Draft Date&time for each the league.Please discuss below your best available times and also Private Message your Commissioner with your e-mails so they know where to send the invites to each league too.
    Last edited by ReaderM; 08-20-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

First, we need to get at least 8 people. For the draft time, I'd be fine with any day, as long as it's on or after 7 central.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Looks like NFL.com doesn't offer auction drafts. Guess we should just split off into the other leagues, or turn this one into something else.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Looks like NFL.com doesn't offer auction drafts. Guess we should just split off into the other leagues, or turn this one into something else.
    Yea, I'm just now noticing that too.. I mean I thought every Fantasy site that wanted to be taking serious did Auction drafting... I mean they even offer Keeper League.More likely we will just turn it into something else but i'm going to check with Andy to see if that NFL.com thing is totally binding for all the leagues.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Blog Entries
    I've never done an auction, but I'm willing to try. If we do have to change it, it'd be cool if we could keep the same base group. It's like an old timers group
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

Alright, Due to NFL.com being complete idiots and not allowing Auction leagues..We are now switching this league to a Snake/Standard League..I will now get out of Docta's way and let him commish haha

As for draft, as long as it is anytime after 8 PM EST, I'm good though I'm more flexible on weekends

With my work schedule being all kinds of nuts right now a weekend draft would be great. Otherwise I'll be autopicking

PM'ed everyone with the league info. Draft is set at Aug 27th, 8:30 EST for now.

Also, if we're only going to have 10 people, maybe we could turn it into a 2-QB league? And if Turk and Dave get in, we could just have a standardized league.
    Last edited by Docta; 08-21-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    ― Walter Payton

Blog Entries
    Anytime that's good for the rest of you is fine for me. I'm the queen of flexible schedules!
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.