Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Year 2: FootballPro.com League III [PPR/Snake]

Blog Entries
    Where are the actual rules for FA and waiver acquisition on the site, please? Anybody ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    Mr Commish, I have a problem. I submitted a claim on a FA on Tues. The claim had not been processed by Thurs so that I can add the player DEF Cleveland Browns to my team.

The next time I could get to the system was after the Cleveland start so I had no DEF.

Questions:

1) How long should it take a FA acquisition to appear on my bench?
    2) If the answer to #1 means that this week was some sort of error, can I get the Cleveland DEF score added to my Week 2 total?
    Sorry Darvon, I missed that there was a new post on this link, since it wasn't bolded when I checked it out. I'll look into it and get back to you.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    The site states that the waiver period is 1 day. HERE

Also it states that waivers "Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings"

I have a problem By the post in this thread, on Tues eve of last week I tried to pick up a FA. It didn't show on my bench, and repeated attempts gave me the "Waiver request already exists."
    I visited my roster, including bench, on Thurs eve and the player was still not there, per my post in this thread. Apparently he showed up on Fri.

So I attempted to make a Tues FA acq, and the player was not on my bench Thurs night, he did not hit my bench until Fri, as documented on the site.

So how do FA acquisitions work? And how do players dropped become avail to other players?

These rules and how they actually perform are key to the way I play. Anybody have a clue how to find out other than trial and error?
    Last edited by darvon; 09-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am also asking for a Ruling by the Commissioner. I made a ADD of a FA on last Tues eve. The site claims "1 Day" for waivers. The player was not on my bench the next time i visited on Thurs. I did not return, nor receive any communication, when the player finally was added.

Thusly I had no way to place a defense on my team on Thurs, from a Tues acquisition of a FA, which should be allowed by the rules of the site. I claim that the site, not I, operated in an erronious matter and I should get the points from the Clev Def, which I tried to acquire on Tues, and start on Thurs.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Mr. Commissioner. We have interleaved posts.

I look forward to both a ruling by you and an explaination by anyone on how FA acquisition actually work on the NFL site.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darvon View Post
    The site states that the waiver period is 1 day. HERE

Also it states that waivers "Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings"

I have a problem By the post in this thread, on Tues eve of last week I tried to pick up a FA. It didn't show on my bench, and repeated attempts gave me the "Waiver request already exists."
    I visited my roster, including bench, on Thurs eve and the player was still not there, per my post in this thread. Apparently he showed up on Fri.

So I attempted to make a Tues FA acq, and the player was not on my bench Thurs night, he did not hit my bench until Fri, as documented on the site.

So how do FA acquisitions work? And how do players dropped become avail to other players?

These rules and how they actually perform are key to the way I play. Anybody have a clue how to find out other than trial and error?
    I'm at work, and while it's letting me check this site, and SOME other fantasy sites, it's not letting me check the nfl.com fantasy site, classifying it as "games". Right.

So anyway, I've never used nfl.com before for a league. I know how it's set up to work, and how it SHOULD work, but I'm not sure why it didn't work properly in your case.

Is there a reason you had to try to put them into your lineup by Thursday? We can update rosters until Sunday.

I believe my email is noted on the fantasy site, although my team is not properly noted. I'm the Social Assassins (the team you're trying to beat with the move : )). If anyone has a question, please email me so I can get the issue right away.

As far as I can tell, you did everything correctly and it didn't work, so as far as I'm concerned, IF I have the ability as commish to go in and change the roster at this point, or even adjust the score, I will do that. I should have that opportunity, but with free sites, sometimes the commish's hands are tied. But I will definitely see what I can do when I get home from work.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

D, I did a little research, you can read the rules http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/help/nfl-...ctions#waivers there. It looks to me like you DID follow the rules. Something went wrong. This needs to be looked into.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Also, you can find a list of your pending waiver claims along with the date they will be processed under the "My Team" tab just below the scoreboard thing but above your players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Also, you can find a list of your pending waiver claims along with the date they will be processed under the "My Team" tab just below the scoreboard thing but above your players.
    Aha. I am starting to figure this out a bit. For some reason, players are dumped into the "Waiver pool" every week at some time, probably at their kickoff, and then released sometime on Wed of the following week, to the FA pool.

So I must have entered a waiver request on Tues eve, instead of trying a FA acquisition, which should be instantaneous.

For some reason my waiver request did NOT process until Friday AM.

Although I have seen the "throw all the old FAs into the Waiver system each week" it is not universal.

The only reason I didn't come back on Sat to start Cleve was simply that after waiting 2 days for a waiver to process without success, I had no reason to think 2 more days would work.

I would GLADLY waive the Cleveland points if we could change it so that players only go through waivers once after dropping them, not every week. In some systems that is not changeable after the draft.

I do a lot of FA acquisitions, but I can't if the stupid Waiver systems locks all the players up for 4 days every week.

I've been in leagues with just FA pickups and it's not fair because the best teams can just sit by their PC and pick up whoever they want whenever they want. The waiver system allows everyone to have a fair shot at the best players available and it allows the worst teams to be able to improve their teams. I was in a league with instant FA pickups and I had Tom Brady when he tore his ACL in the first game. I ran to my PC but in the 45 seconds it took, someone had scooped up Cassel. It's better with waivers. I still don't know what happened that made your waiver claim take so long. There were 11 waiver claims that processed on Wednesday.