Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Year 2: FootballPros.com League IV [Standard/Snake]

Year 2: FootballPros.com League IV [Standard/Snake]

Year 2: FootballPros.com League IV [Standard/Snake]

This will be the Official Thread for the 2nd Year of FP.com Leagues...League IV

Commissioner for League is DaBearsFan

Participants as of right now are:

1. Boss #2-ANNNNNNDDDDYYYYY FRREEEELANNNNNDDDD!!!
    2. CEVANS
    3. Curtis
    4. damgenuis
    5. DaBearsFan
    6. Jestercmk
    7. mthomsen
    8. PittsburghSteelersDynasty
    9. Raven
    10. scissors
    11. TitaniumTayman
    12. YankeeJets

First order of business is to set up a Draft Date&time for each the league.Please discuss below your best available times and also Private Message your Commissioner with your e-mails so they know where to send the invites to each league too.
    Last edited by ReaderM; 08-20-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Welcome everybody! I am setting up the league as we speak. As ReaderM said, please PM me your email and I will invite you to the league.

Our first issue is draft day. My first thought was sometime either next weekend or labor day weekend. We can do it during the week to if you'd like. To throw out some dates and times (All times EST)

Friday August 26th at 8PM
    Saturday August 27th at 2PM or 8PM
    Sunday August 28th at 2PM or 8PM
    Friday September 2nd at 8PM
    Saturday September 3rd at 2PM or 8PM
    Sunday September 4th at 2PM or 8PM

Please indicate either by PM or by posting in this thread on what times are available for you. In addition, if you can make a slightly different time but not the time listed (e.g. Can't make a Friday time until 9PM), let me know. I'll be posting suggestions for waivers and other details that may come up as I set up the league.

EDIT: Just as a note, right now I had to set a time to do the draft but I will change that depending on your preferences.

EDIT 2: Very Important: Please also give preferences on the following issues
    Right now, the league is a very standard scoring league. You can look at that on the league website. Any objections/suggestions? I also took out fractional points, but if you guys want them I can put them back in.
    Waivers- My personal preference is for a Free Agent Acquisition Budget; in this at the beginning of the week you would place a bid on whatever free agents you may like and whoever bids the most on that player would win him on his team. You get $100 for the entire season. Alternatively, we could do a standard waiver. Please vote on what you want.
    Playoffs-I'm leaning toward 6 teams (out of 12) in with the top two seeds getting byes. Any other thoughts?
    Any other questions, please post in the thread.
    Last edited by DaBearsFan; 08-22-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Count me in DBF

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Count me in DBF
    I'm guessing you are pulling double league duty this year, dually noted.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Good. I was just about to let you know that it won't work unless I have an even number of teams. Now I do.

I can make myself available for any of those dates and times, DBF. You can count on me to be there.

Alright. In addition to draft date, I have a few more things that I need to discuss with you.

Right now, the league is a very standard scoring league. You can look at that on the league website. Any objections/suggestions? I also took out fractional points, but if you guys want them I can put them back in.
    Waivers- My personal preference is for a Free Agent Acquisition Budget; in this at the beginning of the week you would place a bid on whatever free agents you may like and whoever bids the most on that player would win him on his team. You get $100 for the entire season. Alternatively, we could do a standard waiver. Please vote on what you want.
    Playoffs- I think it's more fun to have lots of teams in the playoffs, so I'm leaning toward 6 teams (out of 10) in with the top two seeds getting byes. Any other thoughts?
    Any other questions, please post in the thread.
    Last edited by DaBearsFan; 08-22-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post
    Good. I was just about to let you know that it won't work unless I have an even number of teams. Now I do.
    Yea, I figured that either someone wouldn't mind pulling double duty or someone new would join also before draft so wasn't really worried about League getting to even numbers though I'm not going to lie and say I didn't spend at least 10 minutes wondering over that before I decided on that Lol
    Last edited by ReaderM; 08-20-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderM View Post
    Yea, I figured that either someone wouldn't mind pulling double duty or someone new would join also before draft so wasn't really worried about League getting to even numbers though I'm not going to lie and say I didn't spend at least 10 minutes wondering over that before I decided on that Lol
    And as I soon, as I say that I go back and see that I missed someone who wanted to join thus bring the league total up 10 fine.Andy, you don't have to pull double duty anymore if you don't want too.

Everything looks great and I like your ideas for waivers and the playoffs. The fractional system can be debated, if the majority wants it implemented I will be fine with that. Looking forward to a good time with everyone.