Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manning not ready for week one ?

Manning not ready for week one ?

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay says his team must be prepared to start the season without injured quarterback Peyton Manning, and the club might need to find a veteran backup.

Irsay posted his comments Saturday morning on his Twitter account, less than 12 hours after the Colts lost their eighth straight preseason game.

"We r evaluating the QB sitch,(hash)18 healing but we must 2 b prepared 4 early season possibility without him,defense has 2 pick it up,big time!," Irsay wrote

-For all the haters of Peyton,his value is most obvious when he is not on the field,it looks like it could be ugly early,if there was one year I wish the Colts were in the NFC west!
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

I'll just be honest, if Peyton not playing by week 2 at least..that 10+ games winning streak comes to an end. If he stays on PUP, then well how does 0-6 sound??.Also better get Marc Bulger on Line 1 just in case
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Kurt Warner should be on speed dial.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Does Jim Irsay dictate his tweets to a 12-year old to have them translated to little kid texting lingo?

I certainly don't know more about Peyton Manning's health than the Colts front office does, but until a move is made I'm betting he's starting in week 1. If Peyton isn't ready, considering what he means to the offense as player/coach and looking at the other QBs on the roster, I think they become one of the 10 worst teams in the league. If he goes on PUP, I would say they start 2-4 at best.

I'm betting for Peyton to start week 1.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Does Jim Irsay dictate his tweets to a 12-year old to have them translated to little kid texting lingo?

I certainly don't know more about Peyton Manning's health than the Colts front office does, but until a move is made I'm betting he's starting in week 1. If Peyton isn't ready, considering what he means to the offense as player/coach and looking at the other QBs on the roster, I think they become one of the 10 worst teams in the league. If he goes on PUP, I would say they start 2-4 at best.
    I so agree! When I read that tweet, I thought first 'Wow, did the owner telling the other 31teams that info really just make Jim Caldwell mad?' Then I thought 'Did that text make the other 31 owners embarassed.' I mean, even for net talk it's bad.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    I'm betting for Peyton to start week 1.
    He will start week one. Manning will tough it out. I don't think he's ever missed a regular season start. I may remember incorrectly, but he's been modern day farve, even when farve won't go away! It's not like he needs to learn the playbook! He's the defacto o coordinator. His timing will be off, but he will start. Even with his timing WWWAAAYYY off he's so much of a better bet to win than the backup Vegas wouldn't even assign a betting line to that assessment. I'm happy about his timing being off, we have the colts week 3 in a brutal 1st half schedule.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I so agree! When I read that tweet, I thought first 'Wow, did the owner telling the other 31teams that info really just make Jim Caldwell mad?' Then I thought 'Did that text make the other 31 owners embarassed.' I mean, even for net talk it's bad.
    It's kind of unprofessional for irsay to "tweet" such things.. none of the rooneys, krafts, maras, Wellingtons, Joneses, or even snyders would do such a thing. However Snyder or Jones would throw needless money away on a free agent, but I regress..Irsay seems like the fringe popular girl who cares about everyone else's opinion about everything who's dying to be an A lister...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    It's kind of unprofessional for irsay to "tweet" such things.. none of the rooneys, krafts, maras, Wellingtons, Joneses, or even snyders would do such a thing. However Snyder or Jones would throw needless money away on a free agent, but I regress..Irsay seems like the fringe popular girl who cares about everyone else's opinion about everything who's dying to be an A lister...
    Actually I have the exact opposite view of Irsay..He always came off to me as that eccentric guy in high school who legitimately didn't care what other thoughts & was kind of weird but somehow pulled it off in a that aloof chill way. You never know what you are going to get from his Twitter account at any moment.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderM View Post
    Actually I have the exact opposite view of Irsay..He always came off to me as that eccentric guy in high school who legitimately didn't care what other thoughts & was kind of weird but somehow pulled it off in a that aloof chill way. You never know what you are going to get from his Twitter account at any moment.
    He may not care what others think, and he's a loose cannon. Seems to me he wants to be mentioned with the influential owners, but isn't. He compensates with the eccentric demeanor because he's left out. That's my take. I could be wrong, however I know I'm dead on with this assessment: kraft, rooney, mara, Wellington, Richardson, shudder everytime he tweets... that's always going to leave him on the outside looking in from their perspective. I learned a long time ago to pick my battles, and never do it publicly when it refers to the politics of the status quo in business. I vent the dirt to my significant other, and stay the company line in public. I only challenge the status quo when I know I have the support of my peer group prior to staging a coup. Given he's a super rich man and can do what he wants and still be a super rich man, but the keys to the pantheon of the inner circle of owners aren't given lightly .. I don't know what his angle is, but if its to be in that circle, his tactics are way off base. I'm just saying.. he's been super successful, but work politics are what they are. Just because your rich doesnt preclude you from them, it just makes you care less about climbing the ladder...