Thread: Foxworth out for the year

Foxworth out for the year

Every single NFL-related twitter is reporting that Dominique Foxworth tore his ACL and is out for the year. Major loss for a team that already has issues in the secondary.

huge blow for an already weak unit.

I hate the Ravens, but I don't wish this on them. Sorry to hear .

4. Quote Originally Posted by walzav31 View Post
    I hate the Ravens, but I don't wish this on them. Sorry to hear .
    How a few days have changed the landscape in the AFC North ! I believe the Bengals have jumped to being the favorites in the division. Baltimore's offense has
    to carry this team. A lot of responsibility has now been thrown onto Flacco's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk Schonert View Post
    How a few days have changed the landscape in the AFC North ! I believe the Bengals have jumped to being the favorites in the division. Baltimore's offense has
    to carry this team. A lot of responsibility has now been thrown onto Flacco's shoulders.
    The Steelers are flying way under the radar in that division. If they can survive the early portion of their schedule with Byron Leftwich at QB, they still have a chance to take this division.

6. Quote Originally Posted by GBPKS View Post
    The Steelers are flying way under the radar in that division. If they can survive the early portion of their schedule with Byron Leftwich at QB, they still have a chance to take this division.
    I could not agree more. Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith return that defense back near the top. Willie Colon injury is the only thing that scares me for the Steelers. I thought he was their best OL and a mauler. If they really want to get back to the run, that is a huge loss. Favorite in the division is now the Bengals. Cedric Benson possible suspension still a factor, but add Bengals WRs to lack of depth in Baltimore's secondary shifts the balance of power. Bengals were 6-0 in that division last year and were one of the worst passing teams. That won't be the case this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
    I could not agree more. Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith return that defense back near the top. Willie Colon injury is the only thing that scares me for the Steelers. I thought he was their best OL and a mauler. If they really want to get back to the run, that is a huge loss. Favorite in the division is now the Bengals. Cedric Benson possible suspension still a factor, but add Bengals WRs to lack of depth in Baltimore's secondary shifts the balance of power. Bengals were 6-0 in that division last year and were one of the worst passing teams. That won't be the case this year.
    Didn't the Steelers sign False Start Flozell? Penalties aside, he's still a big body that can help that offensive line.

I believe Goodell announced today that Benson will not be suspended. I still think they will be hard pressed to repeat last year's record given their schedule strength, but give 'em credit for trying. They may be a better team this year than they were last year but it might not show up in the record book.

Training camp injuries absouletly suck !! I agree that the Steelers could be in position to suprise people, but the Bengals are the favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by GBPKS View Post
    Didn't the Steelers sign False Start Flozell? Penalties aside, he's still a big body that can help that offensive line.
    Yes they signed Flozell the other day, what I'm still trying to get an answer on is whether or not they added Flozell to create more competition and possibly start, or if they brought him in to be the projected starter right away because the team is dissatisfied with all other candidates at RT. I'm really hoping it's the former, because if they brought him in with the thinking that none of the current lineman are good enough to get the job done, then it is not a pleasant situation at all with the state of the steelers O-line.

On the topic of Foxworth, it seems like the Ravens are going to have to put a lot of points on the scoreboard with their offense when they play pass-heavy teams that attempt to take advantage of the depleted secondary. It surely does create an edge for the WR circus in Cincy, especially if Jermaine Gresham tears it up right away and contributes substanially as a rookie TE.
    Just call me Ott.