Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford gets 50 million guarenteed!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    6 yrs/78 million... and 50 of it guarenteed!
    Just dont know about this one.
    VERY curious to know what Turk/Cris/Dave and Phil think about this deal.
    As I said in my thread, this screams for a rookie salary cap!!!! Also, Berry just became the richest
    safety in the history of the game ... and hasn't played a down. This system needs to change.
    Last edited by Turk Schonert; 07-31-2010 at 01:58 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Dear St. Louis --

Welcome to high the unending cycle of high draft pick QB hell.

-- The Detroit Lions
    Draft high and miss just once especially at QB, the franchise is set back for years. All or nothing for the Rams. I think Bradford is good, but if you think he is a no doubter, you haven't watched the NFL much. At best, Bradford is a 33% star, 33% OK, 33% bust. Teams that draft lower in the first round stay on top because the first round gamble is reduced to odds that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
    Draft high and miss just once especially at QB, the franchise is set back for years. All or nothing for the Rams. I think Bradford is good, but if you think he is a no doubter, you haven't watched the NFL much. At best, Bradford is a 33% star, 33% OK, 33% bust. Teams that draft lower in the first round stay on top because the first round gamble is reduced to odds that make sense.
    I'll parse it out a little further. Bradford will be 25% star, 25% OK, 25% bust, and 25% Leaf/Russell 5+yearfranchise wrecker.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Amen Cris, I almost cried when Al drafted JaMarshmellow. Damn, we need to get out of the top ten draft picks this year.

Blog Entries
    LOL Cris! Love the percentage breakdown!

I think this is an absurd amount of money as well. Turk needs to hope a stop on the Madden Cruiser and let Commish & Madden know of his plan. The NFL & the NFLPA agree that a Rookie salary cap is needed & let's hope that the cap will come soon!!
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

My name is Bradford as well, so I like him in that way. However $50 million is too much. We need our new CBA ASAP complete with a rookie salary cap. You must earn your jack before you get it (see Albert Haynesworthless, a.k.a. Fat Albert)

Please bring in the NBA style rookie salary scale

78 million, 50 million guaranteed. This is the case for a rookie salary cap alright. The Rams paid this much to a guy, who has a history of shoulder problems. I love Chad Pennington for what he has done for the Phins but after all his shoulder surgeries he doesn't have much on his ball anymore. And it seems that with every problem Pennington has it increases the likelyhood that he will have another. I already feel the same coming for Bradford. God love the kid for being about going for the championship and staying in school for his senior season, but his last year is a good case for guys to come out early and not risk injury. It didn't hurt him in the draft but I wonder if it isn't going to cost him in the long run.

This rookie cap has to be fixed. The draft was set up to try and help teams improve , especially the bottom tier teams. There used to be so much movement and activity surrounding the #1 pick. The team with the top pick could manuver and turn it into more picks. Now it's a potential franchise killing curse that you can't get rid of.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!

I think it sucks for the reason that the Lions are now gonna have to give a bigger number to The Man Named Suh than they had to give Stafford last year! Please give us a rookie cap!!
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

I'm afraid you're right. Numbers like that will bleed over to the next pick.
    Buckle Dem Chinstraps Primadonnas!