Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford gets 50 million guarenteed!

Bradford gets 50 million guaranteed

6 yrs/78 million... and 50 of it guaranteed!
    Just dont know about this one.
    VERY curious to know what Turk/Cris/Dave and Phil think about this deal.
    Last edited by Colts01; 08-25-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: fat fingers..ie spelling of guaranteed...
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

It's ridiculous! For the honor of being the worst team in the league you are almost 'obligated' to shell out $40+M for a guy who's done nothing yet. Oh wait, he did show us which shoulder to aim for, eh?

As much as I love the football, the NFL is jacked up and deserves to be blown up and started over. All parties involved ought to be ashamed they agreed to these stipulations.

Let's face it, the Rams still kinda suck. How cool would it have been if they offered Bradford, say $2M, take it or leave it? He'd leave it and go back into next year's draft. With they money they saved they could go out and hire Jeff Garcia and be more competitive. Hell, for that dough they could probably draw Bledsoe or Jake the Snake back outta retirement and compete. Maybe they win 4-6 games in that crap division and wait till next year, when hopefully the QB class will be deeper.

Sorry, this just makes me so angry. And I'm a capitalist to boot!

I think it's crazy, but he'll be the last rookie to get it. It's all going to change. If he ends up busting, it'll set the Rams back several years and that's what is so bad about it.
    [I]There's always next year[/I]

I can't even think of a wise ass remark to make. $50 million. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosar19 View Post
    I think it's crazy, but he'll be the last rookie to get it. It's all going to change. If he ends up busting, it'll set the Rams back several MORE years and that's what is so bad about it.
    Fixed it for ya!

That's an obnoxiously large number. Stafford got $41.7M, that's too big of a jump. The NFL needs to come to FPL and read Turk's article about a rookie cap. Which brings us to the next problem, what if the NFL does implement a rookie cap next year and Jake Locker is limited to $10-12 million for 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Fixed it for ya!
    Thank you for you ninja vision
    I try not to pile on....I'm a Browns fan, so I'm a little too familiar with that pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    what if the NFL does implement a rookie cap next year and Jake Locker is limited to $10-12 million for 3 years?
    Personally I think of those guys who toil on special teams until they get their shot and actually earn their contracts by their play,giving contracts on potential just leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I can only imagine how it makes some of those vets feel.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

The top 15 in the draft make the same as #15 - the last pick combined. I believe an adjustment is in order.

Dear St. Louis --

Welcome to high the unending cycle of high draft pick QB hell.

-- The Detroit Lions
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.