Thread: Dez out 4 to 6 weeks

Dez out 4 to 6 weeks

-- Dallas Cowboys rookie receiver Dez Bryant will be sidelined the rest of training camp and perhaps for the entire preseason with a right high-ankle sprain.

After the team announced that its first-round pick will miss four to six weeks, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones questioned whether Bryant should have been participating so late in Friday's practice session.

Bryant was injured on the second-to-last play of practice in the Alamodome.
    source Espn.com

-Well that stinks,how much will this hold back his first year production?
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Colts01 View Post
    Well that stinks,how much will this hold back his first year production?
    In a word, alot. First year rookie WR have a hard tim adjusting to the game as is, let alone missing training camp and preseason. He has good raw skills, but is that enough?
    [I]There's always next year[/I]

Skins/Boys game week 1 just got even more interesting. Jerrah stirrin' the pot in Big D. Shanny bustin' stones in DC. Love it!

That really sucks. I hate the Cowboys but I was interested in seeing how Bryant would do. Missing training camp means his rookie season will likely be a washout.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    That really sucks. I hate the Cowboys but I was interested in seeing how Bryant would do. Missing training camp means his rookie season will likely be a washout.
    agree,felt the same way when Crabtree held out last year,he does seem like the real deal though
    Last edited by Colts01; 07-30-2010 at 11:22 PM.
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

It means he wont be a factor at the beginning of the year but once he gets healthy and they can start to work him into the offense he will be a big player down the stretch. I think by mid season he is a huge part of the offense.

Uh, Michael Crabtree held out until when -- was it week 5? Then came in and ended up leading the Niners in YPC, came in second in total yards and third in receptions. That's after missing a quarter of the season, playing for a run-first team, and it's not like he had Peyton Manning throwing to him. By most accounts Bryant is better than Crabtree, and at the worst will only miss the preseason games. I think he'll do just fine, unfortunately.