Thread: Lions look solid.

Lions look solid.

Got to feel good about they way we played tonight. Just a pre-season game but it didn't feel like a normal Lions pre-season victory where we scrap through the fourth and end up with our third string pulling out a victory...Tonight was dominating.
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

The CBS feed out of NY pre-empted the game for wall to wall coverage of Irene, so I missed it. Got it set to record on NFLN tomorrow, but the box scores don't read well for my Pats. Sounds like Tommy Boy got slammed, and Welker got a neck injury. Friggin' preseason ...

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    The CBS feed out of NY pre-empted the game for wall to wall coverage of Irene, so I missed it. Got it set to record on NFLN tomorrow, but the box scores don't read well for my Pats. Sounds like Tommy Boy got slammed, and Welker got a neck injury. Friggin' preseason ...
    We are being too dramatic here. All NY mass transit is shut down. The county I live in said people cannot drive. Just show us some damn football!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

It was a good showing by the Lions. Considering the way the Packers and Bears' respective offensive lines have been looking thus far, if that defensive line plays with anywhere near the same dominance in the regular season as they did this evening, Green Bay and Chicago better look out. That line was causing all kinds of havoc in the back field, and the Patriots O-Line had absolutely no answer.

But to be fair, it's preseason. Game-planning has taken a back seat, and it's easy for a defense to just dial up the blitz when the opposing offense is playing vanilla. Plus, as has been pointed out many, many times this evening, this is an organization that went 4-0 in preseason and then 0-16 when the games mattered so I would refrain from getting too excited either way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    It was a good showing by the Lions. Considering the way the Packers and Bears' respective offensive lines have been looking thus far, if that defensive line plays with anywhere near the same dominance in the regular season as they did this evening, Green Bay and Chicago better look out. That line was causing all kinds of havoc in the back field, and the Patriots O-Line had absolutely no answer.

But to be fair, it's preseason. Game-planning has taken a back seat, and it's easy for a defense to just dial up the blitz when the opposing offense is playing vanilla. Plus, as has been pointed out many, many times this evening, this is an organization that went 4-0 in preseason and then 0-16 when the games mattered so I would refrain from getting too excited either way.
    Further reason for optimism is the lions don't have their havoc causing 1st round pick playing yet. Add to that the pats have had a pretty solid line for years. better than the pack, and eons better than the bears. Jay cutler is going to be running for his life a lot this year against these lions and the pack. Hope jay has a good shoe endorsement deal with real comfy shoes, because his feet are officially his best friend..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.