Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Williams Training Camp Quote of Year

Pat Williams Training Camp Quote of Year

Ran across this article on Pat Williams laying the Big Bang on Toby Gerhart during "supposed" non-contact drills and his quotes from it are priceless.

On Hitting Gerhart:
    "I don't care who it is, man," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. They're grown mans out there. (Expletive.) Paying these college boys like they already played before, so (expletive), we just show 'em. This is a different breed out there. This is grown men. It ain't boys no more. But they pay 'em like they done played in the NFL now."

On whether he apologized for laying him on the ground:
    "(Expletive). I don't apologize to nobody. (Expletive), get your ass up. Let's go. Point blank. That's how I roll. I've been playing for like 14 years. I don't complain about nothing. I don't whine about nothing. I'm just coming to camp to have fun. Same old, same old every year."

To his credit, Gerhart responded "It's expected. I feel like I'm playing football again." but Pat Williams, that's an OG for you

Notebook: Pat Williams delivers hit, words to put Toby Gerhart in his place
    Harvin leaves field with injury
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

I think we know what Pat Williams' feelings are on a rookie-salary cap, eh?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ReaderM View Post
    Ran across this article on Pat Williams laying the Big Bang on Toby Gerhart during "supposed" non-contact drills and his quotes from it are priceless.

On Hitting Gerhart:
    "I don't care who it is, man," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. They're grown mans out there. (Expletive.) Paying these college boys like they already played before, so (expletive), we just show 'em. This is a different breed out there. This is grown men. It ain't boys no more. But they pay 'em like they done played in the NFL now."

On whether he apologized for laying him on the ground:
    "(Expletive). I don't apologize to nobody. (Expletive), get your ass up. Let's go. Point blank. That's how I roll. I've been playing for like 14 years. I don't complain about nothing. I don't whine about nothing. I'm just coming to camp to have fun. Same old, same old every year."

To his credit, Gerhart responded "It's expected. I feel like I'm playing football again." but Pat Williams, that's an OG for you

Notebook: Pat Williams delivers hit, words to put Toby Gerhart in his place
    Harvin leaves field with injury
    Commissioner, owners, Can you hear the voices ? STOP the stupidity !!!

still pretty petty for Williams to take it out on Gehrart. It's not Toby's fault the system is the way it is, just like it wasn't Williams fault when he was a rookie and benefited from the same system.

3 things we can glean from Williams' remarks:

1. He doesn't seem to like rookies.
    2. Stay out of his way.
    3. He will never be a contributor on FPL. We would have to buy asterisks by the truckload.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals1181 View Post
    still pretty petty for Williams to take it out on Gehrart. It's not Toby's fault the system is the way it is, just like it wasn't Williams fault when he was a rookie and benefited from the same system.
    Pat Williams was undrafted, and sounds like he may not have completely gotten over it.

But to compare contracts: Pat Williams is in the last year of a 3-year, $22M deal. Toby Gerhart just signed for 4 years, $3.7M.
    Last edited by Andy Freeland; 07-31-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: just cause

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Pat Williams was undrafted, and sounds like he may not have completely gotten over it.
    I think you may be on to something, there.

I'm not saying what Williams did was right, but he's a veteran who's been in the league a long time....I'm sure this is just another one of those things to help break rookie in....I'm sure he doesn't hate the guy just proving a point.....
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

Quote Originally Posted by Chompurself View Post
    I'm not saying what Williams did was right, but he's a veteran who's been in the league a long time....I'm sure this is just another one of those things to help break rookie in....I'm sure he doesn't hate the guy just proving a point.....
    Given that yhe still has a reputation in Buffalo that includes being a tremendous teammate, neighbor, and conversationalist, I think there mightve been some sort of socioeconomic bent to the affair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Given that yhe still has a reputation in Buffalo that includes being a tremendous teammate, neighbor, and conversationalist, I think there mightve been some sort of socioeconomic bent to the affair.
    This afternoon at Packer's camp, veteran LB Desmond Bishop blew up rookie TE Andrew Quarless. Rookie/Vet thing. Crowd cheered Bishop. Expect fans to call for him to be named a starter.