Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Williams Training Camp Quote of Year

My guess is if someone laid out Bradford in( practice?...practice?were talkin about practice?) They would not have a job 5 seconds after contact
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Totally forgot that Williams was an undrafted free agent, well it definitely helps explain his attitude to rookie's salaries. Though honestly,i just think it was really a "Welcome to the NFL rookie" moment.. no not carrying pads for anyone on that team lol
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

Ha thats a helluva quote but thats the nastiness and drive that turned an undrafted free agent into a three-time Pro Bowler, Gerhart will be grateful come September that Williams is on his side, albeit on the downside of a stellar career...

souza, I honestly think this will be Pat Williams last year in the NFL, especially if the Vikings make it to the SuperBowl. His contract is ending soon isn't it? I think combined with the StarCap case looming over them and the fact you noted, he is on the downside of a stellar career, I'm earnestly watching him this year with the expectation that it could easily be his last and watching him as he rides out into the twilight.
    FPL: 15 comments can save you 15 minutes or more of embarrassing yourself on a bar discussion

I don't see anything wrong with this, he's not taking a personal matter with Gerhart just showing the rookies how to play in the NFL. This happens on every team every year in every sport. The new kids get messed with by the veterans. The only difference in the NFL is that the rookies are often better paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with this, he's not taking a personal matter with Gerhart just showing the rookies how to play in the NFL. This happens on every team every year in every sport. The new kids get messed with by the veterans. The only difference in the NFL is that the rookies are often better paid.
    I agree. What Pat Williams did to Toby Gerhart is the same thing Al Michaels did to me when I joined Sunday Night Football.

It's always a good thing for Vets to toughen up the rooks cause otherwise the other teams vets will eat them alive.
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.