Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colts hire Jim Tressel as consultant

Colts hire Jim Tressel as consultant

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts have hired former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel as a game-day consultant.

Coach Jim Caldwell made the announcement during a conference call with reporters Friday.

Caldwell says Tressel will serve primarily as a consultant on replays, which will allow the other coaches to focus on their individual jobs without having to worry about making decisions on replay reviews.

Tressel resigned at Ohio State on May 30 following an investigation that turned up evidence his players had received improper benefits.

Tressel also allegedly failed to notify the school's compliance department.

Caldwell says he chose Tressel because the two have had a good relationship for a long time and that it fills a job he'd been looking to fill for several years.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Insert joke here <-------------
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

My how far the mighty have fallen.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

good for him. He had been talking about a job with the Bengals as well. Can't blame him for choosing the colts.

Caldwell certainly needs a consultant.

Well, PFT already cracked wise about it, but it bears repeating here. Tressel will be suspended 5 games, just like Terrell Pryor, right? WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Well, PFT already cracked wise about it, but it bears repeating here. Tressel will be suspended 5 games, just like Terrell Pryor, right? WRONG!
    Amazingly, this was the lead on PTI tonight. The NFLPA should raise holy hell if the league does not suspend the Vest. Either sit him down or lift the Pryor suspension.

I'm not against a man getting a second chance. But it's too soon. I really dislike Tressel, I think he's a dishonest sleazebag all dressed up in sanctimonious religious hockum.

I don't think it's too much to ask that a creep like that has to sit out at least one season before getting back into football.

Excellent column in the Indianapolis Star. I agree with him completely.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Hires like this are supposed to be cleared through the league first. Turns out the Colts didn't tell anyone when making the hire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...us-with-colts/

Full disclaimer- I personally don't care whether he's disciplined by the league or not. I literally have no thoughts, either good or bad, about the guy. His vests on the other hand...

As for suspending him, he already got fired, errr, resigned, so theoretically discipline was already enforced by the school. If the NFL were to suspend him, he'd essentially be punished twice for the same crime, no?

That and it's not like he fled to an NFL coaching gig in order to avoid discipline by the NCAA. I have no issues if the league chooses not to discipline him further.
    Last edited by SpartaChris; 09-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    Excellent column in the Indianapolis Star. I agree with him completely.
    That dude says it right. And I agree competely as well.