Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colts hire Jim Tressel as consultant

I don't like Tressel a bit. I think he's a hypocritical douche.

However, comparing his situation to Pryor's is sophomoric. Pryor would not have been eligible for the supplemental draft without the deal his agent brokered for him. That deal included the 5 game suspension. If Pryor didn't want to take that suspension he could have waited until next April like most other college players would have.

Pryor was eligible for last April's draft. He chose not to enter and he had accepted a 5 game suspension at Ohio for the 2011 season. Then, after the NFL Draft he changed his mind and decided to go pro. At that point Ohio declared him ineligible for the 2011 season. According to the rules for the supplemental draft a player must lose his eligibility after the normal draft to be eligible for the supplemental draft. Pryor was not eligible until after he announced his decision to go pro. The 5 game suspension in the NFL is, in my opinion, a fair compromise for a guy who *censored* around two organizations. I still think Goodell should have stuck to the rules and made Pryor wait until the 2012 draft. By bending the rules he allowed Pryor to enter the league in 2011 and opened himself to this criticism every time a coach comes to the NFL from college.

Tressel's and Pryor's situations are not the same but because Roger bent the rules for Pryor Roger will be backed into a corner and probably have to do something to Tressel.

Blog Entries
    I am glad he's going to do what he loves this year which is be around Football. He helped to take our College to embarassing lows this past year but I have respect for what he did with the Buckeyes during his time like beating MICH and having Nat'l Champ. game appears. My Colts should have Good use from him.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

Buckeye is that avatar you? It is disgustingly loveable.

Blog Entries
    I want to echo Clem's assessment above. And to say 'What the heck is wrong with Indy's Front Office this off season?? Lose Moore to the Jets, lose Mudd to the Titans! Then overpay a college coach to be replay boy. Hell, *I* could do that job, for a fraction of the salary. I even would take it, too, though I'd give bad advice in the Pats game! Seriously, pretty much anyone with a brain could buzz to a coach and say "Coach, throw the red flag." Why pay someone like Tressel a real coaches salary for something a housewife could do just as well??? I like the idea of the position, every staff should have one, but, I think the hire here was just, well, goofy.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Buckeye is that avatar you? It is disgustingly loveable.
    LOL Yup; Its Me! The Good Times will keep Rollin'!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    I mean this in the most hetero way possible Buckeye: You're a good looking young man. Props.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRidley View Post
    I gotta ask... you're rocking the alma mater colors. You're flying the cowgirls avatar in your profile, but I spy a colts horseshoe in the background of your new photo. I'm hoping its a high school mascot thing. Jerry and Jim dont rub elbows so much!!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Looks like Mr rodgers just moved into a new neighborhood with his horseshoe sweater vest, changed his shoes , and told peyton where he can get a hook up on his full sleeve and a new car!!! Anyway the practice squad took him up on the ink recommendation, so the trainers ordered a case of a & d ointment and lots of gauze.. smart hire though.. caldwell needs a specific guy to tell him when to take the red flag out..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I mean this in the most hetero way possible Buckeye: You're a good looking young man. Props.
    Thanks Man; & I look much different when the Cowboys give up leads and plays on Defense!