Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Week

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    by the way, why does andy hate Ohio so much?
    Dude was born in California, that's why. Never get Cali outta your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    by the way, why does andy hate Ohio so much?
    Stating a fact isn't hate. Ohio, the birthplace of professional football, hasn't had good NFL teams recently. Not sure how that could be disputed.

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Which explains why I still live my life on west coast time. I didn't sleep until noon, I slept until 9am PST.

My approach these days, though, has been that I get to watch my team play sixteen games each year, and I should do my best to enjoy them (insofar as that is possible when you generally lose 75% of them).
    Amen to that. I've got Panthers, Bengals and the potentially Manning-less Colts to look forward to, and I'll have the pleasure of seeing the Panthers 16 times. At some point in those 16 games, perhaps Cam Newton will hit Steve Smith deep or someone on the team will actually block or tackle and I'll put down my Cosmo and cheer like they just won the Superbowl, and believe that they are really getting better!

Nothing against Ohio or the rest of my native midwest, but if I had to move from CA to OH I'd be a "Debbie Downer" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Which explains why I still live my life on west coast time. I didn't sleep until noon, I slept until 9am PST.
    I'm just miles away from the Atlantic, but I use the PST time excuse as well.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Andy escaped California before it became a giant *censored* *censored* *censored*. He should be grateful.

Am I eying Oregon? You betcha.

Blog Entries
    You know, at 4:15 ET, this thread was still about football. Mostly.

Also, 'time' as we know it was mostly a product of industrialization in the nineteenth century, and standardized time zones became a priority only with the need for railroad timetables. Increasingly, local time has become even more arbitrary and, as you can see here, is often a patchwork designed to keep economic and/or national zones in synch with each other.

One of the best examples of this is suburban Chicago in Indiana, which--despite the rest of the state being on Eastern Time--attaches itself to Central Time. Indiana also has some other quirks about daylight savings time I won't try to explain. The state of Arizona, also, has no daylight savings time at all, and the legend as to why is a state senator's wife (once upon a time) hated adjusting her clocks twice a year, so he introduced a bill. For the record, I have no idea if this is true or the provenance of this story, but it's funny.
    Last edited by mkocs6; 09-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    @kocsan

Lol I had to study time zones last semester. What a headache! Cool graphic!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010