Thread: Bengals training camp

Bengals training camp

Thought a thread for G'town observations might not be a bad idea. I'd love to see folks who go there thoughts on what they witness.
    My hypocrisy goes only so far.

I was hoping to go today, but it didn't work out.

If you want, you can head over to www.go-bengals.com and many of our members have been down there since camp opened Thursday. Their's comments, pictures and shortly there should be some video.
    Last edited by Bengals1181; 08-01-2010 at 02:08 PM.

I was just perusing some fan blogs of the Bengals and holy cow are people down on Andre Smith. I haven't seen this much fan hate since JaMarcus Russel on Raiders' blogs last year. Some reporters saying he looks about 370 lbs, in coach Lewis' doghouse for slacking on rehab.

Any hope for the kid?

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I was just perusing some fan blogs of the Bengals and holy cow are people down on Andre Smith. I haven't seen this much fan hate since JaMarcus Russel on Raiders' blogs last year. Some reporters saying he looks about 370 lbs, in coach Lewis' doghouse for slacking on rehab.

Any hope for the kid?

he'll be the opening day starter at RT. Yes he's in the doghouse cuz of his weight, but Chip Morton will own him for the next month.

Somewhere today was a pic and blog of Smith working 1 on 1 with Dermoti Dawson. So while yeah, it's nerve-wracking as a fan to watch Smith's progress, there is a small ray of hope he can get on the field sooner rather than later.
    My hypocrisy goes only so far.

No, he just doesn't get it. Whitworth has tried to be a mentor and help him, but until he decides to listen there isn't any hope. The kid goes to the grocery store with his bodyguard. Enough said.

where'd you hear the part about Whit working with him?