Page 1 of 192 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Off-Topic Thread

The Off-Topic Thread

Just a place to talk about anything, because some stuff just don't belong in their own thread..
    Last edited by Docta; 02-18-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

The other day I was in a hip store/espresso bar with my 15 year old son. They sold used vinyl LPs there, and I was marveling at how many of the albums I used to own.

My son asked me how we used to skip to the next song back in the days of LPs.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

You're as slippery as the bar of soap in a prison shower.

Notre Dame Stadium after 3 weather delays..

I thought this was football? Delaying the game is such a momentum killer. I don't think anyone is going to get hit with lightning unless they wore something along the lines of what Georgia wore yesterday.
    If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner.”
    ― Walter Payton

You don't mess with lighting.

There are two words for fans who stay in a rainy stadium for 7 hours to watch their team lose to a below average non-rival.

1) Hardcore

2) Idiots

Choose one.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    You don't mess with lighting.
    Particularly when you already have one weather related incident in the recent past.

Today I talked to a guy that was a dead ringer for Jeff Saturday. Then I shot pool in a place with guys that looked liked Einstein and ZZ Top. Not a bad day for stargazing, sorta.
    “Everybody counts or nobody does.” – Detective Harry Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Particularly when you already have one weather related incident in the recent past.
    That, sir, is an excellent point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    The other day I was in a hip store/espresso bar with my 15 year old son. They sold used vinyl LPs there, and I was marveling at how many of the albums I used to own.

My son asked me how we used to skip to the next song back in the days of LPs.
    LOL! I thought the same thing but then I remembered there were singles sold; But still hard when you had songs that weren't singles.
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley