Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8-8?

8-8?

One of the most authoritative football media outlets - "The PolishGuy Podcast" - has the Browns coming home at 8-8.

I just looked at the schedule again, and if you look at how easy the first half of the season is, add in a more seasoned QB and most importantly, the lack of Mangini... that sounds about right.

Flush with optimism, 8-8 is also my pick.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    I have a good feeling about the Browns this year. We'll look back and realize COlt McCoy was the best QB of that year's draft.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by iwatt View Post
    I have a good feeling about the Browns this year. We'll look back and realize COlt McCoy was the best QB of that year's draft.
    I'll still take Bradford over McCoy, but there is no doubt that McCoy should have gone before Tebow and Clausen.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the kind words. Of course, the Browns were also the instance of our worst error in the podcast. I talked about decent Brandon Jackson is about two hours before he went in IR. Oh well. Sadly, though, because it is Cleveland, I think their tale will be a better year that doesn't feel like it at the end when they go on a 1-4 or 0-5 stretch to finish. Before that, the optimism may get a little crazy. Which, honestly, is a good thing for Browns fans. Just to have any at all has to be good.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    As I said on another thread, here are the Browns' first eight weeks:

9/11 Cincinnati
    9/18 @ Indianapolis (possibly sans Manning)
    9/25 Miami
    10/2 Tennessee
    10/9 BYE
    10/16 @ Oakland
    10/23 Seattle
    10/30 @ San Francisco

No powerhouses on that list. We're not exactly a powerhouse, either, though. I could see 5-2 out the game if we just limit our mistakes.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    As I said on another thread, here are the Browns' first eight weeks:

9/11 Cincinnati
    9/18 @ Indianapolis (possibly sans Manning)
    9/25 Miami
    10/2 Tennessee
    10/9 BYE
    10/16 @ Oakland
    10/23 Seattle
    10/30 @ San Francisco

No powerhouses on that list. We're not exactly a powerhouse, either, though. I could see 5-2 out the game if we just limit our mistakes.
    Also, and this comes as a revelation. Do the Cleveland Browns have a better quarterback than every team on this list (assuming Manning is out)? Yes, they do.
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    Also, and this comes as a revelation. Do the Cleveland Browns have a better quarterback than every team on this list (assuming Manning is out)? Yes, they do.
    Holy cow - Hasselbeck is a "maybe", but for the rest of them, the answer is "definitely."
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    Is this really happening? Look at who's #1 on this list of potential breakout stars this season in the NFL.
    @kocsan

Blog Entries
    Don't the Browns have both Ravens and both Steelers games in the last 5 weeks?? That makes me a little nervous about what the record will be for them. Baltimore and Pitt tend to get better s the season goes on.
    "False Start everyone but the center." Gene Steretore. Pats vs Jets. 12/24/16.

Blog Entries
    Simmons picked the Browns to go 10-6 and make the playoffs today.

...WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON OUT THERE?
    @kocsan