Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please explain things to me

Blog Entries
    The Bears were 7-3 in games decided by a TD or less. Historically, that number evens out through the years, so it's very likely the Bears regress back toward the mean. You also can't ignore that 4 wins came over Jimmy Clausen, Joe Webb, Drew Stanton, and Tyler Thigpen.

I'd love to see them do well, but they have a below avg offense that really didn't get any better, a new rule was put in place that eliminates one of their distinct advantages as field position was a game they played rather well, and their defense, while solid, just won't likely be good enough to overcome the other factors. Add in the probability of more injury issues and I wish I could come up with more than 7 wins, but I can't.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

I actually have us at 11 wins probable. Here's why:

--Injuries are as subjective as the weather. We can talk law of averages all day long, but in the end, we're just spitting in the wind.
    --I don't believe the new kickoff rule is going to have as large an impact on us as it will others, though it will have one. Toub will find a way, because it's what he does best. He'll have to prove me wrong, and I'm not drinking the kool-aid there at all. He's good at this, and he'll make things happen other teams can't, or don't.
    --I think Cutler will have a breakout year, and we'll see him emerge as extraordinary. Our problem offensively will be keeping Barber healthy and involved, and I think our problems at center will be back and forth all season long. I'm not sold on Spencer just yet.
    --Roy Williams....he lost all credibility with me when Jerry Jones paid a king's ransom for him - Jones isn't the smartest talent-picker in the NFL by any stretch. That said, it's POSSIBLE, POSSIBLE, mind you, that Martz really can make a man out of him. I'll believe it when I see it, though. Your point about Knox is spot-on, and Bennett is going to give people fits too, as will Spaeth, though in different ways. Cutler says Hester's routes are fluid and seamless this year - if he's even half right, my god, that combo alone will drive people crazy.

I've heard and read all the naysayers, and watched the parade floats being built for Detroit, the thrones readied for Green Bay. I'm having none of it. We are, as one die-hard Bear Hating Packer loving fan pointed out, "...always hungry to fight".

I think we go 11-5, and I think we unseat Green Bay with little fanfare.

Blog Entries
    Da Bears!!!
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm sorry to say this, but....that was a good win by you guys.

*finishes tying noose*
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but....that was a good win by you guys. *finishes tying noose*
    Stay away from here ole cheesy boy, your reverse jinxes for this week and next do not go unnoticed. Aaron Rodgers is a golden god and is so good that he should wear his championship belt on the field of play.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

OK. Nice, nice game by the Bears in week #1. I will now figure out a way to make that crow I'll be eating taste decent...

The thing that scares me most about the Bears is that they have 17 guys in contract years including 8 starters. That's a lot of extra motivation right there.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    Stay away from here ole cheesy boy, your reverse jinxes for this week and next do not go unnoticed. Aaron Rodgers is a golden god and is so good that he should wear his championship belt on the field of play.
    Yeah, I wish only the best to that kid. I think he's going to make it in the NFL
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte