Look, I get we were lucky last year, regarding we played some backup QBs last year. We also were particularly healthy. But I don't see why we are projected to go under .500 this year, specially when you consider that we did it against a pretty tough schedule last year anyways. The NFC South is similar to the East last year, and the AFC West will be a lot easier than the AFC East was. Specially since we play the top 2 (KC and SD) from week 11 onwards in our house.
- We shored up our OL somewhat. Carimi is great talent, and hopefully we'll finally get some push in the running game with him. Chris Spencer is an upgrade at Center when he finally starts playing. Anybody is better than Frank "the toreador" Omiyale at protecting our QBs blind side.
- We got a real complimentary back to Forte in Barber. Taylor was an older version of Forte, and though we handled the Taylor issue atrociously, we still upgraded the position.
- Roy Williams was a waste of money, but hopefully it lit a fire under Johny Knox, who last year would sometimes forget to run the right routes. (Silver lining).
- Peppers played great even after he got paid (my greatest fear), and he has always been consistent. Urlacher is having to replace raw physical ability with canniness, but he still has another year in the tank at least. Briggs, if he wants to be traded, will have to play hard this year, or see his value drop.
- Cutler will want to clear his name. From the start I've borught up that I thought the idea of criticizing the most sacked QB in the league for being soft was the epitome of idiocy. He got killed, and kept coming back for more. Say what you want, Cutler never was skittish or checking down even when he was getting murdered. I like players with chip on their shoulders.
- When people talk about our luck regarding injuries, they seem to forget that 09' was plagued by them. Regression to the mean doesn't mean that we'll all of the sudden get a rash of injuries. It just means we'll probably go back to our historic injury rate.
- We lost the kick returns, but there still are the Punt Returns to consider. And even the Kick returns aren't a gimme in Soldier Field.
All the above considered. I'd imagine our Defense will take a couple of steps back due to injuries, but our offense should actually improve. If it even goes up to mediocre standards, it will be a vast improvement.
Talk me out of at least 9 Wins...