View Poll Results: Who will win this game?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

6 85.71%
  • Tennessee Titans

1 14.29%
  • Tie

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular Season Week 2 - FINAL - Titans 26 Ravens 13

Quote Originally Posted by FessJL0861 View Post
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but doesn't it seem like there is always 1 game that looks like a blowout but isn't a blowout? This feels like that game this week.
    ^This.

BAL 20 - TEN 17
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    ^This.

BAL 20 - TEN 17
    Biggie, we had it...almost. It was close but wrong team. B-more looked confused and Flacco was genuinely irritated all day. The Titans look like they can win this division. Sign me up for them to sweep their home division games, split the road division games, and end up winning the division.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

I'm blaming it on the Sports Illusrated jinx. When I saw that cover, I knew we were in trouble. It happened to the Steelers the week before. How else can you explain Hasselback looking like Brady. He hasn't looked that good in years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm blaming it on the Sports Illusrated jinx.
    That makes sense to me. I wouldn't worry, B-More is a great team and I still think they win the division. Teams sometimes need a brainfart like this to get their heads right.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I'm blaming it on the Sports Illusrated jinx. When I saw that cover, I knew we were in trouble. It happened to the Steelers the week before. How else can you explain Hasselback looking like Brady. He hasn't looked that good in years.
    Actually, he has. He just did it in Seattle, so nobody noticed. It's the receivers that shocked me. And the willingness of a new coach to ride the hot hand, as it were. Which long-term has to be an uncomfortable sensation, even if you win. Baltimore's secondary, not so good past Ed Reed. Not terrible, but human.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottDCP View Post
    Actually, he has. He just did it in Seattle, so nobody noticed. It's the receivers that shocked me. And the willingness of a new coach to ride the hot hand, as it were. Which long-term has to be an uncomfortable sensation, even if you win. Baltimore's secondary, not so good past Ed Reed. Not terrible, but human.
    To be fair we were playing without our top two CBs in Jimmy Smith and Chris Carr. I knew going in that the Ravens wouldn't be able to cover Kenny Britt using Cary Williams or a gimpy Dominique Foxworth, but I wasn't expecting Hasselbeck to light it up to the extent that he did either.

I'm not taking this as an end of the world loss, as Fess said, sometimes a team needs a game like this to bring them down to earth and keep them focused. The Ravens sleepwalked through this game, as evidence by Flacco's uneasiness and the ineptitude as the offensive line. I did come away very pleased with their ability to completely shut down Chris Johnson, but it was a little strange that they didn't have the same luck against Javon Ringer.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

That last bit WAS weird. Were they emptying the box on Ringer, maybe? I didn't see anything of that game except the short touchdown pass to Britt whereafter he laughed at the corner.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure, I'd have to go back and watch the plays again to see what they were doing on those plays. If that's what they were doing, I can't think of much rational reason why. It's not as if Javon Ringer is guy that comes in on passing downs, so I can't imagine they disregarded the possibility that they would actually feed him carries.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01