Thread: Ghost of Offensive Coordinators Past, Part I

Blog Entries

Ghost of Offensive Coordinators Past, Part I

One day in 2010, things were going poorly for Eric Mangini at a Browns practice...

mangini1.jpg

Very poorly. In his desperation, he turned to this man: Brian Daboll.

ocfordummies.jpg

Now, Brian had never coordinated anything before, but that wasn't going to stop him.

manginidaboll1.jpg

Mangini shrugged. It was worth a shot.

peytonhillis.jpg

To be continued...
    @kocsan

Good lord, to be continued? I'm sure its funny, but i know the answer!!

To quote the "Donald" YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Story time!

From the Plain Dealer -
    In his autobiography “Growing Up Colt” McCoy described coach Eric Mangini and Daboll “treating me like a leper” until they needed him to start last season.
    McCoy called himself the “forgotten man on the roster” and said all he could do during practice was “stand on the sidelines, toss a football from hand to hand, and observe.” During training camp this year, a source told yahoo.com that McCoy was not even given the offensive game plan last season until Wednesday, two days after Jake Delhomme and Wallace received it each week.
    Another source told The Plain Dealer that Daboll sometimes called McCoy choice names in his headset, ones that burned the ears of a committed Christian. Mangini, through an ESPN spokesman, declined to be interviewed, and Daboll was not permitted by the Dolphins to talk to Cleveland media.
    How about them Dolphins?

And I just learned that eric Mangini works for ESPN. How big is that network that they actually put a guy like Mangini on the payroll as an NFL expert? The idea of he and Millen telling educated football fans what's going on is laughable.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

If that story is true, then neither Mangina nor Daboll should be permitted to work for another team again.

It's one thing to try and motivate and build rapport with your players. It's quite another to harass and bully them.

ESPN just continues to prove, time and time again, what an absolute complete joke of a network they are. There's no way in bloody hell Mangina or Millen should ever serve as an NFL common-tater in any capacity.

Blog Entries
    Just found that. Also from the article:

Quote Originally Posted by The Plain Dealer
    In camp last year, Daboll had his hands full teaching Delhomme and Wallace his offense.
    What offense? Brian Daboll is a no-talent hack who can gameplan a scripted drive but is in no way ready to coordinate. No wonder the Dolphins are so terrible. In what universe does the coordinator of, literally, the worst offense in pro football get re-hired as a coordinator the next season? And how on earth does it help you for any member of your roster not to have a gameplan as soon as it's available?
    @kocsan

It is a strange and wonderful situation when a Coach you hate is canned and goes to work for a team you hate.

On the plus side, that's how I feel with Daboll in Miami.

On the negative side... Jauron.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur