Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: putting the band back together(plax)

  1. #11
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto, by way of Alliance, Ohio
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I don't like the guy and I don't want him back on the team. His idiocy ruined the best non-parcells Giants team I have ever seen and I cannot forgive him. That team had the most dominant offense the Giants have ever had supported by a great defense. To add insult to injury the Giants lose AT home to the EAGLES. He ruins the season for millions of fans and destroys his life over because he wants to be a tough guy. We should of had a second super bowl and he flushed it away.
    Pretty much.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Your position is much more logical than mine. It's like when you get mad at your GF for hooking up with a guy before you started dating her. Totally emotionally and irrational but I just can't get over him ruining that season.
    What?!? Your girlfriend hooked up with a guy who ruined our season?!? Where's he live? I'll fillet that sum*****!

    No, I'm with you as far as thinking "if we only had Plax maybe that season would have been different." But think to yourself: if you were saying "if we only had Plax," and you think his absence made the difference between a possible Super Bowl repeat and a bow-out in the playoffs, why wouldn't you want him back if he makes that much of a difference?

  3. #13
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    521
    I don't think the Giants need Plaxico back. Steve Smith emerged as a great possession reciever and Hakeem Nicks had a decent rookie year and should get better this year. And Manningham isn't a bad #3. The Giants might have the best set of 3 young recievers. Just get that defense healthy and the Giants should be back competing for a Super Bowl this year with or without Plax.

    But losing him the year you guys were the #1 seed did screw the season. I thought for sure NYG was repeating.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RSConn5 View Post
    I don't think the Giants need Plaxico back. Steve Smith emerged as a great possession reciever and Hakeem Nicks had a decent rookie year and should get better this year. And Manningham isn't a bad #3. The Giants might have the best set of 3 young recievers. Just get that defense healthy and the Giants should be back competing for a Super Bowl this year with or without Plax.

    But losing him the year you guys were the #1 seed did screw the season. I thought for sure NYG was repeating.
    To be fair, that was the year Osi went out with a season-ending injury before Week One. When I heard that, I thought our chances at a repeat championship were done. The fact that we finished the season with the #1 seed going into the playoffs was amazing to me, and even with the loss in the playoffs I considered it somewhat of a "moral victory" (not that there is such a thing -- you either win, or you lose). Thinking, "next season, once everybody's back, we've got a great chance at another Super Bowl." And then last season happened.

  5. #15
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    521
    Osi was a big deal but that didn't make or break that season because Justin Tuck and #97 (i know his name but im not going to embarrass myself by trying to spell it) stepped up and played huge. The Plaxico injury probably hurt more because they lost him late in the season and nobody was able to step up and do what he could do. Last year all those young guys stepped up and Eli had his best year of his career without Plaxico.

    The downfall of last year wasn't because of not having Plaxico it was because that defense which was the heart of that team was hurt.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RSConn5 View Post
    Osi was a big deal but that didn't make or break that season because Justin Tuck and #97 (i know his name but im not going to embarrass myself by trying to spell it) stepped up and played huge. The Plaxico injury probably hurt more because they lost him late in the season and nobody was able to step up and do what he could do. Last year all those young guys stepped up and Eli had his best year of his career without Plaxico.

    The downfall of last year wasn't because of not having Plaxico it was because that defense which was the heart of that team was hurt.
    You're probably thinking of #94, Mathias Kiwanuka. I think Linval Joseph (this year's rookie) is #97. Could be wrong though; wouldn't be the first (or last) time. But good point; the Plax injury WAS fairly devastating, although if I recall correctly the team suspended him for 4 games & put him on the non-football injury list, which meant he couldn't come back to play for the rest of the season OR the playoffs. So even if he was ready to go the next day after the shooting, the team wouldn't allow him to play. So for all those people pissed at Plax for ruining that season, look at management. I'm pretty sure Plax was supposed to be medically cleared to play within 3 weeks (before the playoffs), but couldn't because of the sanctions imposed on him by the front office.

    As for last year? EVERY team has injuries, but that team on the field for the Carolina & Minnesota games flat-out quit. Those games were the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Giants fan. Through the years I've seen them outmatched, outscored, outcoached, etc plenty of times, but that's the first time EVER I've seen them quit. EVER. I just hope it's the last.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by StaggerMcTipsy View Post
    You're probably thinking of #94, Mathias Kiwanuka. I think Linval Joseph (this year's rookie) is #97.
    You're correct here. Although I think at the time he was talking about, Kiwanuka was wearing #97. Last year, Clint Sintim had 97. I've had the handle "giantsfan97" ever since we had Cornelius Griffen and he was 97, so I always root for whoever has that number!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
  2. NFP News - DeSean Jackson putting faith in Rosenhaus to get deal
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 10:01 AM
  3. NFP News - Bears putting Cal RB Shane Vereen through private workout
    By Administrator in forum National Football Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
  4. Live or Band Aid?
    By Colts01 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
  5. what band or song(s) stays in your rotation
    By Colts01 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 05:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •