Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: putting the band back together(plax)

putting the band back together(plax)

from the post today. potential that the giants resign Mr. Burress when he gets out!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...1K42EEMzt3UYQM

Glad to hear he might be getting out soon. I'm not surprised that the Giants will "investigate" bringing him back, the organization is always open to any move that might make the team better. That being said, I'd be shocked if it actually happened, especially considering the progress of the young receivers.

Putting the band back together?

Are you suggesting we're on a mission from God?

that is the suggestion lol

No. No. A thousand times, no.

Honestly, as I'm guessing holds true for many other Giants fans, I've been hoping that Ramses Barden would fill the void left by Plax. And, as I'm sure other fans are hoping, I hope he will.

Ramses really has great hands; catches the ball away from his body, but I worry about him vs. press coverage.

I don't like the guy and I don't want him back on the team. His idiocy ruined the best non-parcells Giants team I have ever seen and I cannot forgive him. That team had the most dominant offense the Giants have ever had supported by a great defense. To add insult to injury the Giants lose AT home to the EAGLES. He ruins the season for millions of fans and destroys his life over because he wants to be a tough guy. We should of had a second super bowl and he flushed it away.
    - Dom

Although I'd much rather see our receiving corps step up to the point where Plax wouldn't even be an upgrade, if that doesn't happen I'd take him back. He played that whole Super Bowl season on a bad ankle, which garnered him a bit of respect in my book. The gun thing was obviously ridiculously moronically stupidly knucklehead, but after the punishment he's received I highly doubt we'd have to worry about him veering too far from the straight & narrow now. I was talking with a buddy about Plax's situation the other day and, although it's obviously not the same, I used this analogy:

Suppose you had a huge dog that was trained to attack & kill everything you told it to. One day, you take it to a park that doesn't allow dogs, and the dog attacks you and nearly tears your leg off. Should you go to jail for bringing the dog to the park in the first place? He COULD have killed someone, and it IS against the law to bring dogs to that park...

Look, my opinion is that Plax acted like a totally irresponsible moron for doing what he did. Somebody could have gotten killed for his stupidity. On the other hand, I think this was one of the instances where celebrity works AGAINST you, as it was obvious to me that Plax was clearly "being made an example of."

Quote Originally Posted by StaggerMcTipsy View Post
    Although I'd much rather see our receiving corps step up to the point where Plax wouldn't even be an upgrade, if that doesn't happen I'd take him back. He played that whole Super Bowl season on a bad ankle, which garnered him a bit of respect in my book. The gun thing was obviously ridiculously moronically stupidly knucklehead, but after the punishment he's received I highly doubt we'd have to worry about him veering too far from the straight & narrow now. I was talking with a buddy about Plax's situation the other day and, although it's obviously not the same, I used this analogy:

Suppose you had a huge dog that was trained to attack & kill everything you told it to. One day, you take it to a park that doesn't allow dogs, and the dog attacks you and nearly tears your leg off. Should you go to jail for bringing the dog to the park in the first place? He COULD have killed someone, and it IS against the law to bring dogs to that park...

Look, my opinion is that Plax acted like a totally irresponsible moron for doing what he did. Somebody could have gotten killed for his stupidity. On the other hand, I think this was one of the instances where celebrity works AGAINST you, as it was obvious to me that Plax was clearly "being made an example of."
    Your position is much more logical than mine. It's like when you get mad at your GF for hooking up with a guy before you started dating her. Totally emotionally and irrational but I just can't get over him ruining that season.
    - Dom