Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moneyball

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Moneyball

I liked this movie. I thought that it was cool to see the way that Billy Beane, the Oakland A's GM, worked with what he had for a MLB shoestring budget to try to get a team together. I liked the cast including Brad Pitt who submerged himself into his role as the movie progressed and it got me entrenched into baseball. It struck me like "Citizen Kane" where I felt more empowered in my life and career after seeing it. Billy Beane and Charles Foster are similar in some ways and are fascinating to watch.

Since Cris is a double threat with covering Football and the Olympics and since 09/28/11 was a Hot Night for Baseball, why not live it up and consider seeing it if possible? It is a Cool movie if I may say so myself.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRidley; 09-29-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: [ed for me]
    "This Game is Not For the Faint of Heart" --Bill Parcells

Facebook.com/BuckeyeRidley

I read the book and loved it. Once I heard Hollywood got its hands on it, I was excited. Then I realized that to make a movie about a guy who finds a way to statistically find players, they would have to dramaticize it up. I read there is a scene where one of the first scouts Beane hires is killed in a drive by. I also bet there's some dumb love story behind it all. I've pretty much boycotted seeing new movies, and this one is no difference. The book was great though.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

HAven't read the book, just saw an interview with the Jonas Hill actor who said they turned it into a Rocky/underdog wins kind of story.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=packa7x;75452] I read there is a scene where one of the first scouts Beane hires is killed in a drive by. I also bet there's some dumb love story behind it all.QUOTE]

LOL I can only confirm [as to not give anything away] that if you liked the book about the story, then you will like the movie. LOL I hadn't heard that was in the movie.

See, I'm iffy on this Buckeye. The book was about an idea. The story is about the people behind that idea. The book tells you why Beane is relevant, but then ignores him for the most part in favor of why the idea works. I just get fed up with movies. I'm tired of the same old hack plots. I'm tired of the happy endings. I want a movie that's done right. To me, that's with all the facts correct (from what I've read, they don't even get the baseball facts correct) and with things as realistic as possible. I don't want a love story. I don't want a happy ending all the time. I want it to have more substance than basic human emotion. The book was great because you truly learned something. It wasn't so much a feel good story. It was informative. I know that doesn't translate well to box office hits. I get that. It's just, I refuse to see most movies because of this.

I'm really sorry I totally crapped on this. Everyone ignore my posts go see Moneyball. I trust Buckeye has a good eye for movies!

Of course well know that ReaderM is gonna go see his man-crush interest Brad Pitt in this movie.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    Of course well know that ReaderM is gonna go see his man-crush interest Brad Pitt in this movie.
    LMFAO. I still can't believe he picked him in the hott draft. Good for him to not give in to peer pressure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    See, I'm iffy on this Buckeye. The book was about an idea. The story is about the people behind that idea. The book tells you why Beane is relevant, but then ignores him for the most part in favor of why the idea works. I just get fed up with movies. I'm tired of the same old hack plots. I'm tired of the happy endings. I want a movie that's done right. To me, that's with all the facts correct (from what I've read, they don't even get the baseball facts correct) and with things as realistic as possible. I don't want a love story. I don't want a happy ending all the time. I want it to have more substance than basic human emotion. The book was great because you truly learned something. It wasn't so much a feel good story. It was informative. I know that doesn't translate well to box office hits. I get that. It's just, I refuse to see most movies because of this.

I'm really sorry I totally crapped on this. Everyone ignore my posts go see Moneyball. I trust Buckeye has a good eye for movies!
    LOL Its Cool Man; If it helps you any, I cried when it was over---------------

Lmao! Was the ending that dramatic, or were you just that moved by it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    Lmao! Was the ending that dramatic, or were you just that moved by it?
    LOL I was just jokin Man. But I did like it tho------