Thread: Help Me Choose...

Blog Entries

Help Me Choose...

OK, so I'm getting ready to finally start my first franchise with Madden 12. I like to pick teams in the middle of the ratings pack, typically not going over an 80 overall (or close to it). Here are my favorites.

The Obvious
    Detroit
    Houston
    Buffalo
    Oakland
    Tampa

Under the Radar
    Cleveland
    Denver
    Washington
    St. Louis

Strangely Intriguing
    Carolina

I'm leaning toward franchising 2 teams at once, combining Detroit with either Buffalo or Oakland. Any suggestions? Any other candidates?
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Blog Entries
    I'm actually doing an Oakland franchise right now in Madden. I've found they're a pretty fun team to use; they have obvious talent on both sides of the ball, but also obvious holes in the roster that need to be filled as well. The right mix of being able to compete while still being rather challenging.

All four of your ones listed as Under the Radar seem like they would be fun to take over as well. If I had to pick one of those I'd probably take Cleveland or Washington. St. Louis just feels like they would be a little too easy and that Denver would be a little too far off. Although the Broncos would be a nice challenge.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

I did a franchise as buffalo and it wasn't bad(this is back when the game first released not sure how the roster updates have affected them) the problem I had was some of the progression for players just seemed off also the faulty ai that allowed me to sign every any 80+ free agent and trade them for a second round pick. Ended up with 7 second rounders(only 2 were decent). If you want to retool a team quickly keep that in mind.

you should choose the Ravens.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Oakland has McFadden, who has become my favorite player in the league. I haven't been Washington yet in any of my prelims, but I may have to give them a shot.
    "I'd knock your brains out, then pick them up later."

-Marion Motley

Washington. I feel like that one would have the best combo of intrigue, difficulty, and enjoyment. Plus their unis are pretty cool!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

I use the eagles and steelers in separate franchises. With the Eagles I use Pats offensive playbook and Bears Defense playbook. With the Steelers I use the default offense and defense playbooks. try different playbooks with a team in practice mode. If you don't want too get all creative and just play, pick a team and practice every play.

If you try and like the Pats Offense book, PM me and I will give you a list of specific plays and reads to beat man or zone coverage.
    If you play on xbox and have xbox live, message me on xbox live. My tag is Curt Zombie.

Yup, walked into this thread accidentally.. love the intricacies of the madden franchise, the level of depth is insane. I attempted it a few years ago, and decided it was way too complicated based on my free time. I got slaughtered! I haven't played football games for like a decade at that point. There were no varying degrees of a receiver being open in the old school games. It baffled me I needed to "aim" a 7 route. Only one place to throw that ball. I've since been told that was fixed and no longer needed. Maybe ill give it another shot, probably won't, but perhaps.. I miss the good ole days of tecmo and NFL blitz.. and yes that makes me feel old, but if you're feeling froggy and you want to bet the bar tab on best 2 of 3 in NFL blitz I'm down!!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Yeah the passing cone is gone. It made the game too complicated and the controller was way too sensitive.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010