Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kool aid

Kool aid

"Operating out of the shotgun formation, Stafford was flushed from the pocket and he scrambled to his right. Best was running up the right sideline and Stafford whistled in a throw 20 yards downfield and Best made a diving catch to pull it in.
    Later in practice, Stafford made another crowd-pleasing throw: hitting Pettigrew down the middle on a seam route. Linebacker Julian Peterson was step for step with Pettigrew and was all over him and there was safety help coming from the weakside. Stafford still threaded the ball through the small window, hitting Pettigrew in stride, and he hung on for the big gainer."

Reading stuff like this really gets me excited for whats to come of Stafford and where the Lions could be a year or so from now. I love that laser Stafford throws down the seem. I remember seeing it down the side line last year to Calvin right in his stride. Lets hope we see that all year long!!

Here's to restoring the roar!!!

Gonna happen in the next couple years. Martz is going to train wreck the Bears 'O' and they have been injury-prone on the defensive side of the ball for years. They will be rebuilding with a new regime. The Viqueens will dip without Favre and Chilly has made himself a joke as a head coach. The Pack are going to be tough for a few years with a well-coached team that has a real nice mix of veterans and young guys. Here's to the Lions challenging for a wild card spot sometime soon.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Blog Entries
    Stafford proved how tough he is when he came back in to beat the browns last year. But that Secondary gives me the willies...

The Vikings D-Line got old, and it's O-line is getting old as well...their dominance of the North is over.

The Pack is tough, but they've folded too many times (4th quarters, the playoff), for me to think they're legit.

The Bears might be great, they might suck again. I don't know.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

I think the Lions are on their way to being very good. A very good young core group with an up and coming Head Coach and GM (I think the addition of Rob Sims is underated to strenthen the line)

The Vikes have a thin window to do something. They still have a couple of beasts though AP and Jarred Allen

The Pack have Rodgers and he is the real deal. The defense though is very overated to me they are ancient at corner and Woodson is not likely to have another year like last year.

The Bears.....DA BEARS.....oh how Martz is going to get Cutler killed....I am concerned that if Peppers and Tommie Harris are healthy together all year that could be ugly!

I think the North is going to be very fun to watch this year. Good to see the black and blue division up to standard again....hopefully
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

I've said it in a couple of other posts. Lions are winning the Super Bowl in 4-5 years. I have a feeling Stafford is going to be great and they have the young talent around him. They do need to fix up that O-line a little bit to protect Stafford but then all you have to do is watch them grow. This year 5-11. Next year 8-8. Three years from now 10-6 and get a playoff spot. 4 years from now 11+ wins and competing for a Super Bowl with Stafford being one of the best QBs in the league.

Fellas --

Back in the 'D' we do not refer to it as 'drinking the kool-aid'. We say we are 'eating the cornbread'. I believe towards the end of this season, we will have good reason to fire up the ovens & start bakin' up some light, fluffy, hot, buttery CORNBREAD!!!

--GBOGH

chicken and waffles is also acceptable
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Cool

It's CORNBREAD dammit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    It's CORNBREAD dammit!!!
    Never heard that but I'll take your word for it. Cornbread it is.........but i'll keep my kool-aid too if you don't mind.
    "Last year, we gained respect. This year, we want fear." - Ndamukong Suh.

Kool-aid can be the beverage, but the meal is CORNBREAD!!!

It's all sweet & buttery & hot....

Take my word for it. CORNBREAD is the way to go.