Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Farve says Rodgers "Fell into a good situation"

  1. #11
       
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    3,628
    Blog Entries
    33
    I want a real GM and a real coaching staff, not this amalgam of philosophies we have as the Bears right now. We're defensive minded, but we're reckle3ss on offense. We don't pay our legit talent, but we do overpay for Free Agents...

    godamnit, I'm pissed again.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

  2. #12
    I still don't understand how Forte doesn't have a contract yet.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  3. #13
       
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    3,628
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    I still don't understand how Forte doesn't have a contract yet.
    I've always been cautious about overpaying for RBs, and the AP and CJ2k contracts are ridiculous. But they certainly could have settled something by now, or at least have promised him a deal was coming during the season.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

  4. #14
    <favreout>
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

  5. #15
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,608
    And I'll pile on by saying that "There's Something About MAry" does not stand up as well as you'd think.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

  6. #16
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    3,566
    My thought was, if the team was so damn good, why in the bloody hell did he cause all the drama and walk away from it?

  7. #17
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    1,635
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartaChris View Post
    My thought was, if the team was so damn good, why in the bloody hell did he cause all the drama and walk away from it?
    Because they wanted him to come in for all the OTA's and work with the young guys. He preferred to not come in till camp and then just sling it arount the lot. Good for him, the HOF'er, bad for the team.

    Going to what Polish said, i would think that something as big as a back to back repeat by the Packers would have to put the pressure on to get rid of Lovie and Angelo. Could owneship stand pat if the Pack was going all dynasty? They'd have to make a bold move, no?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrGoHome View Post
    <favreout>
    Biggie, this is contained in the Packer section, let me get a little Favre bashing in will ya?!
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestree View Post
    Because they wanted him to come in for all the OTA's and work with the young guys. He preferred to not come in till camp and then just sling it arount the lot. Good for him, the HOF'er, bad for the team.

    Going to what Polish said, i would think that something as big as a back to back repeat by the Packers would have to put the pressure on to get rid of Lovie and Angelo. Could owneship stand pat if the Pack was going all dynasty? They'd have to make a bold move, no?
    I think the Bears would have to overhaul. The first to go should be whoever hired Martz.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  10. #20
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,077
    Could we continue this discussion in a thread that doesn't have the F word in it?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
  3. "Coming Back Stronger" and "Home Team"
    By MattBer2c in forum Saints
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 03:05 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •