Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farve says Rodgers "Fell into a good situation"

Blog Entries

Farve says Rodgers "Fell into a good situation"

Maybe it's just me but it seems like ol' Brent just can't do better than a backhanded compliment of the man for whom he was shown the door. Check this;

Question; What he was thinking watching Aaron Rodgers lead the Packers to Super Bowl glory last year:

Favre: “I’m going to be honest, I was not surprised. The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn’t do it sooner. It’s funny how people can get over time, my last year in Green Bay prior to the first game, I made the remark that this was probably the most talented team that I’ve ever played on. And of course everyone looked up and was like ‘this guy’s off his rocker.’ We were very, very young; take me out of the mix and we were by far the youngest team in the league. But I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding. Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that. We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise, but guys emerged rather quickly. Aaron had a chance…even though the last couple years it’s seemed like he’s almost a rookie, he’s been around awhile. And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think there’s any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long. In the early part of last year season, it hadn’t quite clicked yet and I didn’t know it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened.”

It's also interesting that Farve chalks up falling short in 2007 to the team's youth and not the horrible pick he threw in the NFC Championship game. And he kind of tries to take credit because AaRod got to see how to "do it right". Somebody's behind still has marks from where the door hit it. Or maybe I just don't like the guy.

Blog Entries
    I think what it is, is that you just don't like the guy, and that you have good sense about such things. Because he has in recent years done a great job of demonstrating that he ain't necessarily a person worth knowing.

Blog Entries
    I guess it's Dump On Favre Tuesday. Florio is getting his licks in;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bed-as-a-flop/

I hate Favre. Wish he'd never speak again.

Blog Entries
    No more Favre talk!
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Maybe Rodgers didn't win a title soon enough because somebody wouldn't GTFO.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre

Guys who obviously suck worse than the current team:

Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks, Donald Driver (weird), Greg Jennings (12 TD in 2007, so weird again), Ahman Green, Bubba Franks, William Henderson, Javon Walker, Edgar Bennett, Bill Schroeder, Dorsey Levens, Terry Mickens.

Oh, Mickens did suck, but the Pack always had offensive talent around Bretty-Poo. I did not even mention the return game from Howard that got him his title or the defense led by Reggie White to help him get it, too. But quiet, Brett, call your So. Miss games and wear your Crocs in the booth. But don't take any pictures. NONE.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Also, I am this close to rooting that Aaron Rodgers gets another title soon. I'm not, but there are positives to it. Favre would have to give another dumb answer I can make fun from a question like: "Aaron Rodgers won two Super Bowls in three playoff appearances, how come you had so many and only one?"

Also, maybe it would get Lovie, Martz and Angelo out of Chicago. Probably not, but I can dream. For God's sake, we still think Hester is a #1 receiver. Well, he did have 7 catches..... in the first four weeks. Plus he is too small to get off the line and can't run more than a few routes, but he is definitely a #1. Sorry, off topic, but I try to rant about that only 2,435,630 times every season.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

It's funny how Rodgers won with Nelson, Quarless, Starks, Matthews, Raji, Williams, Shields, Peprah, Bishop, Zombo, Bulaga, Josh Sitton...you know guys who weren't there with Brett. But he knew all along, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Polishguy00 View Post
    Also, I am this close to rooting that Aaron Rodgers gets another title soon. I'm not, but there are positives to it. Favre would have to give another dumb answer I can make fun from a question like: "Aaron Rodgers won two Super Bowls in three playoff appearances, how come you had so many and only one?"

Also, maybe it would get Lovie, Martz and Angelo out of Chicago. Probably not, but I can dream. For God's sake, we still think Hester is a #1 receiver. Well, he did have 7 catches..... in the first four weeks. Plus he is too small to get off the line and can't run more than a few routes, but he is definitely a #1. Sorry, off topic, but I try to rant about that only 2,435,630 times every season.
    id love to see him backpedal out of that question. "Well when I was there Ted hated me." "What about from 2001-2006 when Mike Sherman was your b**ch?" "Well I was too busy calling out Javon Walker for holding out while I publicly contemplated retiring for a decade."