Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Hillis?

Peyton Hillis?

This situation could get ugly. Even if Hillis is letting the contract situation get in the way of playing, the fact that some players would anonymously trash him doesn't speak well for the cohesion in the locker room.

Then again, the ESPN guy could have just made it all up.

Either way, this doesn't feel right.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

it's definitely getting interesting. Did anyone else see this?

usatoday_nfl USA TODAY NFL team
    Agent: I told Peyton Hillis not to play in Week 3 usat.ly/rsyafr
    3 hours ago

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...Top+Stories%29

Blog Entries
    I saw that, and if I were his agent, and he had strep throat, I would have told him the exact same thing. Good job by his agent, IMO.
    "Amy is happily drinking the tears of Broncos fans." Giantsfan97.

But by going public, the agent does his client no favors - at least in the PR battle.

After all, shouldn't it be the team that tells the player to take the day off? Or the player himself telling the team that he just can't do it. For an Agent to go public with this (even if he was right to tell hillis to sit) is weird, and it exposes Hillis.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    But by going public, the agent does his client no favors - at least in the PR battle.

After all, shouldn't it be the team that tells the player to take the day off? Or the player himself telling the team that he just can't do it. For an Agent to go public with this (even if he was right to tell hillis to sit) is weird, and it exposes Hillis.

agreed and while he maybe shouldn't have played with strep throat, its hard to justify it when Romo played the same week with cracked ribs and a punctured lung.

Hillis is now officially a symbol of a season that is rapidly deteriorating.

The Browns are now screwed royally - Hillis' value as a player is currently negligible, and the market for banged up, fumble-prone backs with 5 career 100 yard games is not all that high.

Looks like the Browns are stuck with a guy who'll be the answer to a trivia question in a few years: "Name the only Madden cover player who never made a pro bowl?"

Blog Entries
    Who is leaking this ****?

I mean, if you're seriously concerned for someone's well-being and future, you probably don't run to the press to complain about him. The Hillis situation is deteriorating pretty rapidly, but unfortunately, he's still far and away the best offensive player on the team. We don't have the talent, depth, team speed, anything, to pretend otherwise--at least on offense.

The Browns have used early draft picks the past two years on a corner, a safety, a defensive tackle, and a defensive end. We've cobbled together an offense pretend we've got MacGuyver calling the plays, only we've had Brian I've-never-heard-of-halftime-adjustments Daboll and a rookie head coach calling the plays. I'm not trying to be negative or say I don't believe in any of the guys we have, but Jesus--we've got a good left side of the line, a suspect right, a third-round quarterback with no receivers, and now no running game. I'm sorry, but we seriously need to use our three early picks (we'll have a top 10 selection of our own, probably one in the early 20s from the Falcons, I expect, and another pick in the top 40 for our second rounder) to finally address the offense.
    @kocsan

This smells like a guy that isn't going to be in Cleveland next season. Reminds me of the Larry Johnson drama. I feel bad for Brownies fans because it seemed things were starting to go the right way. I certainly would like to see the Browns become contenders again.

Need a symbol of the Browns' season?

Never mind the specific candidate that he's endorsing... just look at team player Peyton Hillis (the guy who sat out games because his agent told him too)...

Godalmighty... you know, if I hadn't been raised a Browns fan, I would hate this team. This is the public face of the Browns? It really can't get any worse, can it?

Blog Entries
    ...oh my God. He is dangerously insane. That said, I think we should strongly consider re-signing Hillis if the price isn't too ridiculous, and it won't be.

I stayed away all of December because of final papers. And good Lord, I hope no one wants us to draft Robert Griffin III. He won't have anyone to throw to, either, and he won't produce any team speed on defense.
    @kocsan