Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peyton Hillis?

The price would be ridiculous for a guy who has never been able to stay healthy.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Blog Entries
    I think that's a bit unfair. He stayed healthy throughout 2010 and just broke down from overuse at the end of the season. Especially given the nature of contracts in the NFL, I'm willing to overlook 2011's problems and sign him to a modest extension. I don't particularly want to look for a starting runningback in free agency or in the draft, and if we're being fair, he's pretty good and more consistent than Hardesty (who really cannot stay healthy...or catch passes).
    @kocsan

Quote Originally Posted by mkocs6 View Post
    I think that's a bit unfair. He stayed healthy throughout 2010 and just broke down from overuse at the end of the season. Especially given the nature of contracts in the NFL, I'm willing to overlook 2011's problems and sign him to a modest extension. I don't particularly want to look for a starting runningback in free agency or in the draft, and if we're being fair, he's pretty good and more consistent than Hardesty (who really cannot stay healthy...or catch passes).
    I don't know exactly where the Browns are in the draft, but if Trent Richardson is available, then the Browns should absolutely pull the trigger. I think Hillis is done.

Not to pick nits, but the fact that he broke down last year and sat out a lot of games this year does not bode well for his longevity. Also, and this is a personal thing, when a player is a member of one of the worst offenses in the league, it is pretty hard to argue that he is a difference maker. And considering the attitude that he threw around this year, the sooner the Browns dump him, the better. IMO of course.

Hard to see where they'd be a worse team without him.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur