Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Antonio Pierce

Replacing Antonio Pierce

Giants fans, which linebacker is showing the most promise to fill the starting role at MLB this season? A lot of national reports I've seen on the giants defense have focused on what the defensive line needs to do in order to get back their high impact level. How are the training camp battles for that position looking at this point??

Finally, most important question, will the loss of Pierce be substantial and will the defense have a setback without him? From the giants games I've seen during his tenure with the team, he seems like he was always "bringing it", play in and play out, especially against the NFC East rivals.
    Just call me Ott.

Keith Bullock, next question. i always thought physically pierce was an over rated player. but mentally one of the best. i think that the linebackers will be more athletic without him. Will all our players be in the right position to make places thats another story, we will just have to wait and see.

In Perry we Trust!

I read today that Bulluck was practicing with the 1st team at OLB, with Goff in the middle and Boley on the other side. Sintim was bumped... don't want to read too much into it...

Bulluck will start. Phillip Dillard will be the long-term replacement.

Interesting article about how Fewell labels his LB's differently than most

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ry_fewell.html

I just read yesterday they've decided to move Bulluck back to OLB and let Goff take over mike duties. Bulluck will likely be strong side but that detail has not been solidified yet. Looks like Goff is now the man in NYG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
    Looks like Goff is now the man in NYG.
    Just for now, and even that is debatable. Otherwise the pursuit of Rolando McClain and the subsequent drafting of Phillip Dillard makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFaninToronto View Post
    Just for now, and even that is debatable. Otherwise the pursuit of Rolando McClain and the subsequent drafting of Phillip Dillard makes no sense.
    The drafting of Dillard makes fine sense for a team that was trying to get younger at the position. Goff and Dillard have been competing for the starting job at camp and it seems for now that Goff has won outright. They weren't ever intending to simply hand the job over to Dillard.

I know that. But unless I misconstrued your comment, you said Goff is "the Guy," which I certainly disagree with. Bulluck will likely see most of the work.

I'm not sure that would be the case, my friend. If Bulluck starts at OLB and Goff at MLB they will see work at the same time. They don't cancel each other out. I think Bulluck would play better at OLB anyhow so I hope it works out that he starts there.
    Last edited by Wordsworth; 08-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.