Thread: What does everyone think about all these CB moves?

1. What does everyone think about all these CB moves?

Walt Harris was cut today, Chris Hawkins was signed overnight, John Beck was traded to the Redskins for Doug Dutch, Fabian Washington is finally off the PUP, Lardarius Webb is still on the PUP and might miss the first six games and Domonique Foxworth is on IR. Is there any way the team makes it through the season and into the playoffs with this patchwork secondary?

Blog Entries
    I was at training camp recently with my father. We were watching the scrimmages and I turned to him and said, "Chris McAllister isn't doing anything, is he?". And I was seriously asking. Needless to say, I'm concerned.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

3. With Webb still on the PUP, it seems like our starting corners are Fabian Washington (coming off major knee surgery) and Chris Carr (predominantly a nickelback type). I just don't lnow how well the Ravens are going to do in a passing league with this secondary. Not to mention Sergio Kindle, who was drafted to improve the pass rush, is out for potentially the entire season. If they can't rush the passer and can't cover anyone, I just don't see a Super Bowl in this team's future.

Blog Entries
    It's just so obvious how desperate we are for bodies. Trading for Doug Dutch? I mean really? If you're just looking for someone to throw out there, why not make it somebody that you know can play in this league. I actually liked the Walt Harris signing, despite the fact that he was 37 and his knee exploded into 45,000 pieces a couple years back. Go call Mike McKenzie, someone who's been there before. If you're going to kick the tires on someone, at least make it someone who has proven they can play in the league. Not Doug freakin' Dutch.
    "Biggest blowout since Andy Reid vs. Skinny jeans" - Colts01

5. I really don't think Ozzie Newsome understands just how important cornerbacks are in this league. Peyton Manning ate them alive in that playoff game, minus a few stellar plays made by Ed Reed, who oh by the way is most likely going to miss the first six games. You must be able to stop the pass in the modern NFL and just going out and getting the first able body because they were affordable and negotiations were quick is not the best way to go about fixing up what is sure to be a subpar secondary. Hopefully the offense can pick up the slack because I see a lot of shootouts in Baltimore's future.