View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • 49ers

0 0%

Thread: Regular season week 5- San Francisco 49ers 48 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3 -October 9,2011

Regular season week 5- San Francisco 49ers 48 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3 -October 9,2011

SAN FRANCISCO -- Alex Smith threw two of his three touchdown passes to Vernon Davis, Frank Gore ran for a score in his second straight 100-yard rushing game and the San Francisco 49ers beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-3 on Sunday for their best start in nine years.

Carlos Rogers returned an interception 31 yards for a touchdown and tight ends Davis and Delanie Walker each caught TD passes of 20-plus yards in San Francisco's third straight win since blowing a late lead in a Sept. 18 overtime loss to the Cowboys.

If anybody questioned how good these Niners (4-1) really were after wins against teams such as Seattle or Cincinnati, the past two weeks are more telling: a comeback win at Philadelphia and a lopsided home win over the NFC South leaders.

Josh Freeman never found the flow that made him so effective in the rout here last November and the Bucs (3-2) were a step behind in a short week after beating the Colts on Monday night.

Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press
    Last edited by Colts01; 10-09-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Alex "Tom Brady" Smith........
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

Just how bad a coach was Mike Singletary?
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

This is the one that most shocked me this weekend. Not so much the result as the final score. SF's defense has really stepped up.

I guess I'm going to have to stop assuming all NFC West teams will always lose, even on their bye weeks.

Did Joe Montana take control of smith this weekend? All I know is clems liver must feel pretty good so far! His ego may be bruised a bit, but in a way he's glad its bruised! Your endocrinologist thanks you preemptively clem!

Perhaps you can pass your daily regimen onto jay cutler to try and spare his liver the hits... Ummmm.. hold on.. Yup, and nfc, team. I'm sure no msg sent there!!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Proves what I said all last year....mike singletary has to be the worst head coach in NFL history. Put it this way: he had ZERO coordinator/head coach experience. zero. this 49ers team isnt a top 5 or 10 team (yet), but they are much more talented than they played last year.

Blog Entries
    Ted Ginn is the Key.