Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Broadcasting question for Cris

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    ROTFLMAO! Clearly, Andy's not even worth the quarters we pay him!

    Seriously, packa, how long have you been here?
    I haven't been in any threads where Andy said what he did no need to be so mean to my poor, young adult, feelings
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    George Hill does stats, 'Malibu' Kelly Hayes is the spotter.



    Just an extra set of eyes. I have a copy of every set of notes that we have for the game and make suggestions as the game goes along, mainly reminding Cris of the stuff he wanted to get on the air. I also handle the 'Gameday' application, which is something that I wrote (sort of a big, interactive depth chart that runs on a touchscreen PC in the booth), and try to keep an eye on the stats for anything interesting.
    Man, I'd do that job for free. So who tells Cris and Al who the 5th string special teams linebacker is? Or do they just look off of a sheet quickly?
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  3. #23
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    3,260
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    I haven't been in any threads where Andy said what he did no need to be so mean to my poor, young adult, feelings
    Your feelings? How about Andy's?

    (Dear Sir, please justify your existence in 100 words or less ... )

    You're old enough to take some fairly bold stances here of late, you're old enough to deal with consequences.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Your feelings? How about Andy's?

    (Dear Sir, please justify your existence in 100 words or less ... )

    You're old enough to take some fairly bold stances here of late, you're old enough to deal with consequences.
    Lol it was a joke, brauneyz. Do you think I'd ever use the phrase "poor, young adult feelings" seriously? :P
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

  5. #25
       
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Your feelings? How about Andy's?

    (Dear Sir, please justify your existence in 100 words or less ... )

    You're old enough to take some fairly bold stances here of late, you're old enough to deal with consequences.
    Boy am I glad the "feelings police" made a visit to the thread.

    This is a football website, where we debate our views. If you don't have thick skin, and your feelings are hurt easily. This is probably the wrong place to be...

    Still trying to figure out the justify your existence comment..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

  6. #26
       
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ukiah, CA
    Posts
    3,734
    Andy must seriously modify his notes for SNF. The broadcast isn't nearly as sarcastic as it should be based on FPL postings.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by brauneyz View Post
    Your feelings? How about Andy's?

    (Dear Sir, please justify your existence in 100 words or less ... )
    Feelings? I'm not familiar with that term.

    I didn't see anything wrong with Packa's question. Those of us that have been here from the beginning just sort of take it for granted that everyone know's that I'm in the booth, telling Cris exactly what to say at all times and smacking his hand with a ruler every time he strays (I sense another firing in my future), but Packa was a little late to the party.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    The broadcast isn't nearly as sarcastic as it should be based on FPL postings.
    I'm working on that.

  9. #29
       
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    I'm working on that.
    Just remember sarcasm is fine, as long as its not off color non related sarcasm to football fans like the Dennis miller experiment!! I'm sure you know better!
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Freeland View Post
    Feelings? I'm not familiar with that term.

    I didn't see anything wrong with Packa's question. Those of us that have been here from the beginning just sort of take it for granted that everyone know's that I'm in the booth, telling Cris exactly what to say at all times and smacking his hand with a ruler every time he strays (I sense another firing in my future), but Packa was a little late to the party.
    Haha well, now I know why Cris does such a great job . Thanks for your answers Andy, they were very enlightening.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

    1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
  2. Quick Question Cris,
    By BuckeyeRidley in forum NFL
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM
  3. Broadcasting Forum??
    By kotar44 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
  4. Question for Cris about WR's
    By giantsfan97 in forum Cris Collinsworth
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
  5. NFL Route Running question for Cris
    By FootballSickness in forum Cris Collinsworth
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 12:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •