Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Broadcasting question for Cris

Cris, do you find that you are constantly having to correct those around you who continue to pronounce the "Bengals" as the "Bangles?" I hear it all the time from various announcers & analysts and that's one of those things that drives me nuts! I know it's a stupid question, but I was just curious if you run into that many broadcasters who don't know what a bengal is.

A comment on the broadcast booth too. I figured with your's & Al's credentials you'd have some palatial booth to broadcast from! You can quit laughing now. How disappointing to realize that they just squeeze you guys into such cramped quarters. You guys are like Rodney Dangerfield - you get no respect. You deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingBucsFan View Post
    Cris, do you find that you are constantly having to correct those around you who continue to pronounce the "Bengals" as the "Bangles?" I hear it all the time from various announcers & analysts and that's one of those things that drives me nuts! I know it's a stupid question, but I was just curious if you run into that many broadcasters who don't know what a bengal is.

A comment on the broadcast booth too. I figured with your's & Al's credentials you'd have some palatial booth to broadcast from! You can quit laughing now. How disappointing to realize that they just squeeze you guys into such cramped quarters. You guys are like Rodney Dangerfield - you get no respect. You deserve better.
    Could be the broadcasters regional dialect playing a part. East coast accents make bengals sound like bangles. Mine sure does. Just like when I say water it sounds like wooter. {It's still probably better to be a bangle than a bungle}
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

3. Cris,

Just watched the Steelers @ Broncs game and I gotta ask...Why are there so many darn replays during the NBC games?! Its soooo distracting. Viewers dont need to see a freaking replay after nearly every down. Let us see the players huddle up or approach the line of scrimmage. Let us see the sidelines and the crazy fans! A replay should only be shown on a significant play or big hit, etc. I feel like I have ADD when I watch NBC games.

I guess you could say the viewers are missing out on the nuances of the game and it really takes away from the richness of the game when a meaningless replay is shown after nearly every down.

Can you comment on this? Why is NBC doing this?

I'm reviving a really old thread, but I have to ask as a former Ft. Thomas resident, where Cris used to or currently live(s): how sad were you to see the Party Source deli go by the wayside?