Thread: What happened to the Bear's D?

Blog Entries

What happened to the Bear's D?

Second week in a row where the D has laid an egg. The better team won yesterday, no doubt, but giving up 2 long TDs after giving up big plays to Carolina last week as well?

Something stinks in Bear Country.

What's worse, we wasted one of Jay's better games by giving up those long TDs.

I hope Martz finally realized that the only way to get something going with this OL is to have Jay step outside the pocket and play like he did in Vandy (running for his life from SEC monster DLines).
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

It's the safety play IMO. They were responsible for help and failed on those 2 plays you mentioned. The Bears haven't had a game changing safety since Mike Brown's healthy days.

I think Cutler hates playing in Martz's system, but I think he could probably help out the pass rush by altering the cadence. Was it me or did the Lions D-line look explosive on every snap? It was as if they knew exactly when to get out of their sprinters stance.

Blog Entries
    We aren't getting pressure. Peppers is battling injury (even before last night) or is losing a step. He is trying to get jumps on guys instead of flat out beating them. The safeties can't do anything and Harris looked rusty at the wrong times last night. Note to NFL: Never accept Pats cast offs. Briggs was in the wrong gap on the Best run and he never does that. Plus, only six guys on the team seem to be playing well. Robbie Gould, Hester when he is returning (except for last night), Cutler, Forte, Urlacher and Tillman.

Bears need to draft or obtain the following on defense: safety, corner, outside linebacker, a run stuffing DT and a talented DE to support Peppers.
    The podcast: www.polishguypodcast.blogspot.com

It's a podcast done by a ninja who is Polish!

"I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape."-Miles on "Lost."

twitter: @PguyPodcast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripperlicious View Post
    I think Cutler hates playing in Martz's system, but I think he could probably help out the pass rush by altering the cadence. Was it me or did the Lions D-line look explosive on every snap? It was as if they knew exactly when to get out of their sprinters stance.
    The crowd was rocking, and the OL was either jumping offsides, or standing still to avoid jumping offsides. Imagine how many more mistakes that line would make if Cutler started changing cadence or going to silent counts.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

First I'd like to say that I bash cutler a lot, but he played his heart out yesterday. Much respect. As for the Bears D, that surprised me...they're not supposed to give up the long plays.
    Part owner of the 13-time world champion Green Bay Packers

1929-1930-1931-1936-1939-1944-1961-1962-1965-1966-1967-1996-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packa7x View Post
    First I'd like to say that I bash cutler a lot, but he played his heart out yesterday. Much respect. As for the Bears D, that surprised me...they're not supposed to give up the long plays.
    I'm not sure what happened yesterday with Cutler and Martz. I don't know if Cutler was given permission to ad lib or he just said F' it. Normally Martz would have had him standing up and taking hits like crazy.

The Van den Bosch cheap shot on Cutler was remarkable for the non call.
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte