Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams besides the Giants you love to watch

Teams besides the Giants you love to watch

The wild cat post got me thinking about teams besides the Giants I will be watching this year. Below is my list. What teams do you guys like to watch?

1. Titans: It is fun to watch Vince and CJ run. The QB option in Ten is the most exciting play in football these days. I love that Vince Young just wins football games and CJ can take it to the house on any play. The most exciting RB since Sanders. Plus as a kid I loved the Warren Moon Run and Shoot so I still have a soft spot for the team.

2. Vikings (assuming Favre comes back): I think they are the best team in the nfl. They have the most weapons and the most explosiveness. Favre, AP and Harvin - that's a lot of gun powder.

3. Packers: Rogers is the most exciting QB in football. He throws bombs, scrambles and gets sacked. They replace the Cardinals as my offensive 'guilty pleasure'

Of course, my fantasy team will also have an impact but all these being equal this is where I will be tuning in.
    Last edited by Dom; 08-07-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    - Dom

i enjoy watching, but i always enjoy watching teams beat the crap out of the Jets and im looking forward to it more then ever!

Believe it or not, I actually like watching the Browns, of all teams (in addition to the teams you listed above). Josh Cribbs -- need I say more? Plus, they always seem to play teams tough when you'd think they'd be getting blown away. In the end they pretty much always lose, but the 60 minutes beforehand are often pretty entertaining. The Dolphins are fun to watch too, with all the wildcat stuff and all. Actually, now that I think of it, I like watching ALL the teams. If it's football, it's on the tube at my house.

The Browns is an interesting call. I like watching their Div games. Particularly, against the steelers and ravens because there is so much animosity and I always root for the under dog.

In terms of teams I watch and root against for me it is the eagles. Some of the best games I have ever watched were those 4 NFC Championships they lost.
    - Dom

Individual players whom I may need fantasy points from.

I'm not one who divides allegiances between teams of the same league (in fact, it drives me up the wall when people call themselves "fans" and they list more than one team), so I'm only a fan of the Fighting Irish and my high school team.

I'm also immensely proud of what my hometown Mount Union Purple Raiders have done, but I don't consider myself a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFaninToronto View Post

I'm not one who divides allegiances between teams of the same league (in fact, it drives me up the wall when people call themselves "fans" and they list more than one team), so I'm only a fan of the Fighting Irish and my high school team.

I'm also immensely proud of what my hometown Mount Union Purple Raiders have done, but I don't consider myself a fan.
    I am not a fan of these other teams. I just like to watch other teams because they interesting. The other teams I like to watch change year to year (e.g., last couple years it was Cardinals because of their passing attack, this year it is Titans because of VY and CJ).

The giants are definitely my only team.
    - Dom

I always watch the Colts because of Peyton Manning. The way he controls a game and cuts through a defense is unlike anybody in the history of the game and its incedible to watch. That guy is going to be the greatest to ever play by the time he retires.

All the usual suspects (Saints, Pats, Colts, etc.). Living in AFC North country now for just over a year has given me a renewed appreciation for old school, ball-control football. I'm still shaking my head over the Bengals sweeping that division last year. Pretty impressive.
    Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFaninToronto View Post

I don't do fantasy football -- as someone once said, fantasy football is Dungeons & Dragons for the guys who used to beat up the guys who played Dungeons & Dragons -- but I've got a TON of teams I root for besides the Giants. For instance, since I've lived out here I root for the Seahawks whenever they play any NFC team but the Giants. If Carolina is playing Atlanta, I'll root for Carolina since my mom moved down there a few years ago and Fox used to be the Giants' DC. If Cleveland's playing Pittsburgh, I'll root for Cleveland because my buddy's a Browns fan. In fact, I almost always root for one of the teams in any given NFL game. First, I'll root for whichever team might improve the Giants' chances by winning. Then, if the result of the game is inconsequential to the success of the Giants, I'll root for whichever team I might know someone who's a fan of. Failing that, I'll root for whichever team is from the better of the two cities. And if all else fails, I'll root for whichever team is the underdog. Unless it's Dallas.

It makes for a pretty great formula, actually -- using it, I have at least a little emotional investment in each game.

Dude give fantasy football a try its pretty awesome. Makes games that you normally wouldn't care about a lot more interesting if you have a player on the team.