1 100.00%
  • Bears

0 0%

Thread: Regular season week 6-Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears-October 16,2011

Regular season week 6-Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears-October 16,2011

8:20 pm ET *Cris and Al Game

Line - Bears -3
    Weather- http://www.weather.com/weather/today...go+IL+USIL0225
    There is only one immutable law in life - in a gentleman's toilet, incoming traffic has the right of way.
    -Hugh Leonard

I am amazed at how putrid the Vikings look. The fact that McNabb completed 80% of his passes should cause some stat heads to think about measuring the value of a QB simply based upon numbers. That was a horrible, lifeless performance by a supposed veteran leader. There wasn't a single point in last night's game when the Vikings looked like they were in Chicago to compete.
    “I’ve always been a big fan of Norv Turner. I think he gets it. I think he does an outstanding job.” — Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
    I am amazed at how putrid the Vikings look. The fact that McNabb completed 80% of his passes should cause some stat heads to think about measuring the value of a QB simply based upon numbers. That was a horrible, lifeless performance by a supposed veteran leader. There wasn't a single point in last night's game when the Vikings looked like they were in Chicago to compete.
    I agree that McNabb looked awful and that the conventional stats (high completion percentage, decent QB rating) don't show it. But to fight you a little bit, McNabb's Adjusted Net Yards per Pass Attempt, Expected Points Added, and Win Probability Added were all in the bottom 1/3rd of QBs for this week (all according to Advanced NFL Stats). DVOA/DYAR aren't up yet, but I imagine that they will say that McNabb had a very mediocre game as well, as that system doesn't like QBs who don't get first downs and only throw checkdowns like McNabb did.

From a non-statistical standpoint, McNabb looks beyond done. Lots of underthrown passes, and he has no pocket presence at all (I think he got sacked 5 times, he doesn't have the mobility to get out of the pocket like he would 5 years ago). Give the rookie a chance, the Vikings are done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBearsFan View Post

From a non-statistical standpoint, McNabb looks beyond done. Lots of underthrown passes, and he has no pocket presence at all (I think he got sacked 5 times, he doesn't have the mobility to get out of the pocket like he would 5 years ago). Give the rookie a chance, the Vikings are done.
    Put a fork in him. The push sack was embarrasing.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte