Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex Smith Lovers

Quote Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
    I swear I heard coach say after the game that Smith deserved to be in the Pro Bowl.
    He did. That's what sparked the debate I refered to. I have no problem with a coach talking up his players in public but I can't believe anyone really believes Smith is a Pro Bowl QB

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    I can't blame Baalke for Smith - he wasn't even here when the 49ers screwed up and drafted him instead of Rodgers.

But seriously - against the Steelers Smith was 50% for 187 yards and people are saying that Alex "led" the 49ers to a win. Honestly. I want to reach through the internet and choke them.
    And he was only 50% because we kept choosing to give up the short stuff, and cover Davis, who has sub 4.4 speed with a 36 yr old linebacker who barely runs a 20yd split in sub 4.4. I'm still furious we didn't play press man at the line and make polamalu actually play like a normal safety. Had we played press and aligned in the nickle with a db on Davis, smith would have been around the 35% mark. He's not a great qb. He's a caretaker, and a very good caretaker. He's not a pro bowler. {But wait when the 6 guys selected in front of him opt out bc of injury, and rodgers is playing in the sb, he very well could be a pro bowler! }
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Polamalu was hurting in that game. When Troy isn't healthy the Steelers' defense completely changes. They can shrug off the loss of a linebacker or defensive lineman but Troy is the engine that makes that defense run.

Polamalu should be the MVP every year. He means more to his team than any other player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    Polamalu was hurting in that game. When Troy isn't healthy the Steelers' defense completely changes. They can shrug off the loss of a linebacker or defensive lineman but Troy is the engine that makes that defense run.

Polamalu should be the MVP every year. He means more to his team than any other player in the league.
    And that's exactly why he should have played like a normal safety and not been allowed to free lance. Everytime he did, he chose wrong. He's hurting, and he's not troy, but he's still better than 90% of safeties doing what their job is. In this game, had he done that it would have made a difference. Even hurt his closing speed is super human. He seems to still have cob webs and read the wrong stuff when he was trying to be himself.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.