Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith Lovers

Alex Smith Lovers

Good lord, who are these people?

Now let me explain - I understand all of the Alexcuses. Bad coaches, bad team, etc. etc. And poor Alex had to learn a new offense every year. Sort of like Cam Newton. Oh wait...

But my goodness, if you dare to mention that Alex was inaccurate during a game you can be sure a legion of Alex fanbois will be all over your ass.

vs. Detroit: 12/37, 125 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble. Those are not great numbers. If Cam Newton posted those numbers the whole planet would proclaim Cam a bust. But for Alex you'd better call that an "A" game or you're a "hater".

Alex Smith might evolve into a game manager under Jim Harbaugh. He might aspire to be Trent Dilfer. He will never be a good quarterback unless your definition of good is 125 yards.

The lowered standards on 49ers blogs is simply astounding. If Joe Montana or Steve Young failed to reach 300 yards it was considered a sub-par game. If Alex somehow manages to not crap himself it's an "A".

I really wonder if there are folks on Chargers or Lions blogs saying "Leaf never had a chance" or "Harrington could have been good if the O-Line was better." Are there Bills fans who still pine for Trent Edwards?
    Last edited by msclemons; 10-18-2011 at 01:07 AM.

As an example:

@Msclemons67 the way you trash Alex Smith is the way society will trash your children in everyday life! Karma is a *****!
    I simply noted that Alex had a bad game.

All I can say is good god!!! 5-1 with Alex!! It defies logic. But its reality at this point, and cousin baalke has brought some good talent in the last couple years clem, guys that have been key cogs this year. I've commented before that I liked the guy (baalke) and he was solid to crickets. U starting to change your tune, now that your liver doesn't ache every Monday morning?

Harbaugh is a beast. I bet Stephen Ross kicks himself every morning for not locking him down..
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by msclemons View Post
    As an example: I simply noted that Alex had a bad game.
    Alex Smith draft baffled me initially. But he has come along nicely, considering that he has learned 100 schemes since he was drafted. I have always maintained that the 9ers had a talented team. Harbaugh has the compass pointed in the right direction now.

regarding those people that put the juju on you and your kids, Clem.....they can kiss you where your cheeks meet. If anyone has the right to say anything about their team, it's a lifelong fan. To hell with the bandwagons.

Blog Entries
    vs. Detroit: 12/37, 125 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble. Those are not great numbers. If Cam Newton posted those numbers the whole planet would proclaim Cam a bust. But for Alex you'd better call that an "A" game or you're a "hater".
    Wow, that is Dilferian in it's magnitude. But You are completely right, Harbaugh isn't asking Smith to win games, he's asking him not to loose them. It's up to his LBs and Special Teams to win.
    “Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

theres an obvious and bold line between Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers/other elite QBs and the rest of the league. then theres an obvious line between Leaf/Russell/etc and the rest of the league. Those guys in between rely so heavily on coaching and scheme that its impossible to know where their talent or lack there of ends and the coaching begins.
    Alex was a #1 pick for a reason (besides the fact that it was an awful draft)....he can throw, hes a good athlete, he is smart and hes been successful at the position every year of his life. was he an elite prospect? no, not even the niners thought so. but he is a very capable QB, and has show that if the right system is in place and the right (consistent) players are around him, he can perform. not 300 yards 3 tds perform, but control the ball and move the chains perform. he cannot carry a bad team, this we know FOR SURE.

for 6 years now I have said that if you gave him a legit WR or two, a legit Line and a legit coaching staff...the guy will surprise you. as a diehard and an alex supporter, i still dont think we have a snowball's chance against Rodgers/Brees in the playoffs. but that play on 4th and goal to win the game shows that even after an entire career of failures and nonstop criticism, the dude has some serious pills and can deliver in the clutch (again, if everything around him is consistent).

Quote Originally Posted by dandrea View Post
    theres an obvious and bold line between Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers/other elite QBs and the rest of the league. then theres an obvious line between Leaf/Russell/etc and the rest of the league. Those guys in between rely so heavily on coaching and scheme that its impossible to know where their talent or lack there of ends and the coaching begins.
    Alex was a #1 pick for a reason (besides the fact that it was an awful draft)....he can throw, hes a good athlete, he is smart and hes been successful at the position every year of his life. was he an elite prospect? no, not even the niners thought so. but he is a very capable QB, and has show that if the right system is in place and the right (consistent) players are around him, he can perform. not 300 yards 3 tds perform, but control the ball and move the chains perform. he cannot carry a bad team, this we know FOR SURE.

for 6 years now I have said that if you gave him a legit WR or two, a legit Line and a legit coaching staff...the guy will surprise you. as a diehard and an alex supporter, i still dont think we have a snowball's chance against Rodgers/Brees in the playoffs. but that play on 4th and goal to win the game shows that even after an entire career of failures and nonstop criticism, the dude has some serious pills and can deliver in the clutch (again, if everything around him is consistent).
    Wait a minute... If the niners didn't think he was an elite prospect why did they draft him #1 overall?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Wait a minute... If the niners didn't think he was an elite prospect why did they draft him #1 overall?
    Mike Nolan took Smith over Rodgers because Mike thought Alex would be more "manageable".

No matter where Nolan goes I hope he experiences pain and failure.

Mike Nolan took Smith over Rodgers because Mike thought Alex would be more "manageable".

No matter where Nolan goes I hope he experiences pain and failure.
    Ummm.. that's patently insane. You don't use THE 1st pick on a manageable player. You use it on a super star. Now I know why you hate nolan so, but cousin baalke has picked some pretty Damn good players thus far, and you called me foolish for thinking so. What's your assessment now of baalke?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesteelnation1 View Post
    Ummm.. that's patently insane. You don't use THE 1st pick on a manageable player. You use it on a super star. Now I know why you hate nolan so, but cousin baalke has picked some pretty Damn good players thus far, and you called me foolish for thinking so. What's your assessment now of baalke?
    I am feeling much better about Cousin Baalke now. I may even start to refer to him by his real name after I google his real name.